King Sun

Big Boss
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I wouldn't say that yet they got along way to go. Freiren and Loving Yamada have been their first decent projects that aren't Overlord since like forever.

For Frieren the biggest thing is the staff. The people they got working on it are great and truly love this series. With that being said if they are there for just Freiren then well thats that. :manny:
Dare I say the plot and the story of Freieren is a dope and breath of fresh air.

twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
Does this follow the anime and movie characters or is this a completely different story?
Follows both like the movies are a sequel to the anime
Whether this is a movie or a season i dont know likely movie since cheaper to make and more profitable

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Damn @LordDeathwatch wasn't even kidding Kingdom S1 everything from a production standpoint is beyond atrocious :mjlol:

Screen_Shot_2023-12-04_at_3.30.45_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-12-04_at_3.35.54_PM.png

Honestly the animation isn't even the worst part :skip:. The art, visuals and CGI is some of the worst I seen. Reminds me of that original death game show I tried to watch this season and I didn't make through half of ep 1 of that one.

Well politics is interesting tho so I'm invested in Kingdom :ehh:

Black_Panther_JS

Superstar
Daps
I said some people need a more formulaic setup and you bring up Neji in rebuttal, as if Naruto isn't one of the most formulaic shonen in existence. That's not really a good answer unless you were trying to affirm my original point homie.

JJK is not in that mold and relies more on a more subtle and freeform style. You're not going to get the same feel, build, or pay off you're conditioned to expect if Naruto is your bar. Unlike some people, I don't think that makes JJK superior but it's clearly different.

Personally, I'm going to remember a Nanami or Nobarra or Jogo far more vividly than a Sakura or Gaara or Shikamaru and that's with a 1/20 of the chapters, screentime, or history. You don't have to be with someone for years or watch their entire journey for them to leave an impact if written correctly.

There's a sizeable number of people who agree and a significant portion that would disagree and I'm fine with that.:yeshrug:

:scust: At this whole post… you disgust me. You’re lucky I cant neg you

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
I said some people need a more formulaic setup and you bring up Neji in rebuttal, as if Naruto isn't one of the most formulaic shonen in existence. That's not really a good answer unless you were trying to affirm my original point homie.

JJK is not in that mold and relies more on a more subtle and freeform style. You're not going to get the same feel, build, or pay off you're conditioned to expect if Naruto is your bar. Unlike some people, I don't think that makes JJK superior but it's clearly different.

Personally, I'm going to remember a Nanami or Nobarra or Jogo far more vividly than a Sakura or Gaara or Shikamaru and that's with a 1/20 of the chapters, screentime, or history. You don't have to be with someone for years or watch their entire journey for them to leave an impact if written correctly.

There's a sizeable number of people who agree and a significant portion that would disagree and I'm fine with that.:yeshrug:
Yep. There's probably better character moments in that single baseball episode of JJK than entire arcs in other shows.

Neji was around for hundreds of episodes and it was impossible for the majority of viewers to give a fukk

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Let that be MHA that does a goofy baseball episode and you would call it the worst arc in Shōnen history :unimpressed:
MHA did a whole school event arc - and it was Deku chasing a likely pedo around with the help of go-go gadget girl. So this really ain't the gotcha you hope it is lol

and if we're talking strictly positives, MHA handled and wrote deaths better than Naruto too :mjlol:

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Yep. There's probably better character moments in that single baseball episode of JJK than entire arcs in other shows.

Neji was around for hundreds of episodes and it was impossible for the majority of viewers to give a fukk
People need to understand quantity doesn't imply quality. Can't comment on Naruto because I haven't watched and I'll be honest theres tons of older stuff I would rather get to.

Bleach is an easy example Ichigo aside. All the cool characters you care about are in soul society and minus Rukia and Renji they barely get any screentime. Chad and Orihime get so much screen time, but I'll be honest that might as well be irrelevant to me :yeshrug:

You got characters like Kenpachi, Urahara, and Byakuya I care more and are more invested in them. Hell in TYBW did more with Unohana to get invested in her and her death then Orihime in the duration I have seen Bleach up to TYBW pt 2.

Black_Panther_JS

Superstar
Daps
MHA did a whole school event arc - and it was Deku chasing a likely pedo around with the help of go-go gadget girl. So this really ain't the gotcha you hope it is lol

and if we're talking strictly positives, MHA handled and wrote deaths better than Naruto too :mjlol:

It’s called My Hero Academia for a reason, but that gentle criminal stuff was goofy also.

My point was if that was MHA ain’t no way you’d ever speak on it in a positive light, keep it consistent.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
It’s called My Hero Academia for a reason, but that gentle criminal stuff was goofy also.

My point was if that was MHA ain’t no way you’d ever speak on it in a positive light, keep it consistent.
MHA does good stuff. Its just rare as fukk and the drop off in its overall quality makes the dynamic jarring. And I've been on record saying that the non-canon in MHA is dramatically better than the actual narrative specifically because these secondary writers understand what it got right.

Stop being butthurt over nothing :dead:

Black_Panther_JS

Superstar
Daps
MHA does good stuff. Its just rare as fukk and the drop off in its overall quality makes the dynamic jarring. And I've been on record saying that the non-canon in MHA is dramatically better than the actual narrative specifically because these secondary writers understand what it got right.

Stop being butthurt over nothing :dead:

Not butthurt just noticed the hypocrisy :wow:

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Dead Mount Death Play Ep 21 adapted Chapters 65 - 68. Nothing notable was skipped or change. They did skip 2 pages of an Idol reacting to idol concert that Solitare hacked in to do his usual fukkery.

This episode really set the stage about how they are going to finish this arc. Honestly they are in great position to be able to focus on the action in this arc that is needed since they only have essentially 1 volume left to cover in 3 episodes. The big reveal in this episode was how Civil reminds Corpse God of Arius Sabaramond and how derifying Lulu is given the elemental she has no control over. Polka being stolen by Civil is just the icing on top to get everything rolling

Screen_Shot_2023-12-04_at_2.24.50_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-12-04_at_2.26.07_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-12-04_at_2.26.22_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-12-04_at_2.27.34_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-12-04_at_2.33.12_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-12-04_at_2.33.34_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-12-04_at_2.34.02_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-12-04_at_2.34.26_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-12-04_at_2.37.56_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-12-04_at_2.38.28_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-12-04_at_2.44.35_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-12-04_at_2.47.00_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-12-04_at_2.47.03_PM.png

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Not butthurt just noticed the hypocrisy :wow:
you think the school part is what I was highlighting? :dahell:

no, the slice of life stuff wasn't what was important. maki and her sister, megumi only swinging for the fences when he's got nothing to lose, ichigo being oblivious to the actual stakes, etc was all subtle interactions in that one ep that defined characters in a solid way that dozens of flashbacks will not do

some shows can do it, some can't