What do we think of the Dark Knight Rises now?

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
I will say this. I get irritate by people stating this film had plot holes when it really didn't. I think people confuse continuity issues with plot holes.

Case in point: in TDK, when the Joker tossed ol' girl off the ledge of Bruce's condo and Batman jump and saved her. The scene went straight to the following day without showing or explaining what happened to the Joker who was STILL up at the party with all of those people. It was a complete cut without explanation into another UNRELATED scene. That's a PLOT HOLE.

With the case of TDKR, it had continuity implied scene such as so-called how Bruce was able to get back into Gotham. Which isn't a plot hole, because you already KNEW once he escaped the prison he was going to return and find a way to get in, especially since he's trained to be stealth ANYWAY. It didn't need to be shown or explained when you can deduce it yourself. Everything from TDKR that people claim as a "plot hole" are really continuity issues because Nolan doesn't spoon feed his audiences unless it is required.

:mjpls:

twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
I love it bane made that film too me so many quotables that first ass whooping he gave batman
2nd one batman was still losing till he got him with the mask but that pillar wall lost Jesus he destroyed that shyt

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Its actually a movie I like mainly for the cinematography/score of it and I actually dug Hardy and Hathaway's performances

Yes the plotline had massive holes in it but I also cant say its the worse movie or bad. Its always hard to pull off the third movie in a superhero trilogy (Spiderman 3) but I think until Iron Man 3 came along TDKR barely passed it.

Can't ignore the plotholes sure but I think it was still solid

BaldingSoHard

Veteran
Daps
I will say this. I get irritate by people stating this film had plot holes when it really didn't. I think people confuse continuity issues with plot holes.

Case in point: in TDK, when the Joker tossed ol' girl off the ledge of Bruce's condo and Batman jump and saved her. The scene went straight to the following day without showing or explaining what happened to the Joker who was STILL up at the party with all of those people. It was a complete cut without explanation into another UNRELATED scene. That's a PLOT HOLE.

With the case of TDKR, it had continuity implied scene such as so-called how Bruce was able to get back into Gotham. Which isn't a plot hole, because you already KNEW once he escaped the prison he was going to return and find a way to get in, especially since he's trained to be stealth ANYWAY. It didn't need to be shown or explained when you can deduce it yourself. Everything from TDKR that people claim as a "plot hole" are really continuity issues because Nolan doesn't spoon feed his audiences unless it is required.

And yet... you can't deduce that the entire reason Joker threw the chick off the roof was so that Batman would be distracted saving her so he could make his getaway? :dahell:

Czerka

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
solid flick. Very flawed, but nowhere near trash like internet posters make it seem

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
And yet... you can't deduce that the entire reason Joker threw the chick off the roof was so that Batman would be distracted saving her so he could make his getaway? :dahell:

No, my question is why Batman did not GO AFTER THE JOKER WHEN YOU KNEW HE'S UP IN YOUR OWN PENTHOUSE..... it's like what happened to the party people. The party went on, or cancelled or why it ended. It was a literal PLOT HOLE in which the scene ended without any resolve. Makes ZERO SENSE at all to jump into the following day with Dent when we have no CLUE to the aftermath with him. We knew he was "safe" but do not know what happened after he came to, how he reacted, looked at Bruce Wayne all crazy for what he did, nothing.... it was a PLOT HOLE. It just cut to another scene without reason.

BaldingSoHard

Veteran
Daps
No, my question is why Batman did not GO AFTER THE JOKER WHEN YOU KNEW HE'S UP IN YOUR OWN PENTHOUSE..... it's like what happened to the party people. The party went on, or cancelled or why it ended. It was a literal PLOT HOLE in which the scene ended without any resolve. Makes ZERO SENSE at all to jump into the following day with Dent when we have no CLUE to the aftermath with him. We knew he was "safe" but do not know what happened after he came to, how he reacted, looked at Bruce Wayne all crazy for what he did, nothing.... it was a PLOT HOLE. It just cut to another scene without reason.

:jbhmm:
It's been a few years since I've seen the movie but I think it's pretty well understood by the audience that when a psychopath in clown makeup crashes your party and starts killing guests, the party's over breh :francis:.

He didn't go after the Joker because he knew the Joker would have been gone by the time he got back up there. That was the whole point of him throwing the girl off the roof.

As far as how Dent reacted after he woke up... he probably thought it was weird? I mean did we really need a scene of Harvey Dent waking up like, "Wow, that was weird..." in order to close the loop on that scene?