What do we think of the Dark Knight Rises now?

Ukbrotha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Naija, London, Earth
Bane:wow:

First time I heard him talk, I was like:dwillhuh:
Then when he spoke again I was like:ohhh: and then I started taking in the quotes:mjlol::blessed:
And when he was whopping ass.:whoo:
When Nolan turned him into a simp:leostare::scust:

The film itself was very poorly paced. I'm probably one of the few people who thought Bale is an awful awful Batman and a decent Bruce Wayne.

ciubaca

Superstar
Daps
Dope movie. Watch it for what it is.... sure it has plot holes but hey, it's a superhero movie :yeshrug:

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
Bane vs Batman should've been the ultimate rivalry

Two Orphans; Two Obsessions; Two Very Different Origins
Bruce inherited everything; had the world at his feet and decided to protect it

Bane came from nothing and literally had to fight and claw and scrape to survive, yet wound up stronger, and possibly even more cunning than Batman: ..No ordinary child. A child born in hell. Forged from suffering. Hardened by pain.

Two conflicting motives for gotham: Restoration vs. Retribution; God's grace vs. His Wrath, w/ Bruce and Bane as His respective instruments waging a war for Gotham in which Batman is finally outmatched. With part of the audience realizing they're rooting for Bane on the inside, thinking "they never gave me shyt either breh":wow:
got damn :wow:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
The other thing they missed, and I've said this already, but really pushing that idea of Bruce welcoming death. In fact, they could've done something similar that Iron Man 2 attempted when Tony realized he was on death's door and he was just completely self-destructing and doing wild stuff like deciding on a whim to race in monte carlo. They could've mirrored the scene from dark knight returns if need be also since they pulled enough from that story.

Cobratron

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I still think it's meh. It has payoffs which are cool but it just throws a lot of Nolan's rules for the franchise and how he was going to approach it out of the window seemingly for the sake of finishing up the trilogy.

Yep. Still don't get what he was going for. My man turned his back on everything that the franchise was supposed to stand for. :patrice:

Catwoman's involvement was pointless, but it's a decent superhero flick. Just felt more like the typical overblown popcorn superhero movie than the first two were.

Bruce Wayne

THE GODDAMN BILLIONAIRE
Daps
Reppin
Gotham City
I felt like it could have been better too, I know it could especially with @Bane in the Finale. Nolan would never agree to actually having JGL as the new Batman after am actual Death of Bruce Wayne. He used the myster of the Batman in the 'death' and also concentrated far too much on it being a Dream or Flashback of Alfred. I felt like Nolan was too afraid to have Batman escape Bane or even beat Bane on his own in a 2nd Fight too. In Nola's Mind, Batman had Risen as a Man with that Ending and went on to have a Life with Selina Kyle and her Clean Slate. In the Minds of Comic-Book Fans this Movie wasn't as Amazing as The Avengers was. Marvel delivered an Amazing Comic-Book Movie out of Iron Man, Thor, Captain America, Black Widow, Nick Fury, Hulk, Hawkeye, and Loki all on the same Goddamn Screen in the same Goddamn Summer.:mindblown: I thought that DC held it's own but I also felt like TDKR could have been Darker with their Story but with Bane and Talia as the Main Villains while being Tied to everything from Begins I.... :snoop:.. I just knew that it wasn't going to be as Great as I and Others wanted it to be.

3.5/5

Big Blue

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
As a movie it's still<TDK. But as a Blu-Ray presentation it shyts on the whole trilogy.

Big Blue

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Only on the internet is TDKR even polarizing. It was a really good movie.

People call Ant-Man great then say TDKR "sucks":rudy:
Not to go off topic, but it blows my mind that people love Ant-Man so much. It was the most boring comic book movie, I've ever seen. And I own Watchmen.

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
Never made sense to me how Batman broke out of the cave prison to save his city which is about to explode, but for some reason he took the time to put his logo on the bridge with a trip wire

It's called prep-time. It was already there before Bane even landed in Gotham. :comeon: