What do we think of the Dark Knight Rises now?

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
It had some flaws but it was still good, nowhere near "trash". This was like 87% on RT and it's highly rated on imdb. I think some of that is because Nolan tends to get a little overrated sometimes but still it was very enjoyable, especially Bane. I didn't like how they wrapped everything up though. If it would have had a better final 10minutes I would have been cool with it.

kingdarius

Wtf u talkin bout? Ya Bish
Daps
Reppin
FayetteNam, North Carolina #byrdgang
the batman beatdown alone makes it watchable for me and hardy was ill af as bane even with the simping ending....i nvr really disliked the movie tho and just took the plot holes as comic book fukkery even tho nolan tried not to do that the first two movies (Even tho the joker "all knowing" shyt was really pushing it for me :francis:)

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Haven't seen it since theaters. I remember liking the first hour but then i started fidgeting in my seat during the second half.

I have it on VUDU because my boy gave me the code, but it's the only nolan film i don't own on blu-ray other than Following(which i need to pick up) :sas2:

The Prince of All Saiyans

Formerly Jisoo Stan & @Twitter
Daps
the batman beatdown alone makes it watchable for me and hardy was ill af as bane even with the simping ending....i nvr really disliked the movie tho and just took the plot holes as comic book fukkery even tho nolan tried not to do that the first two movies (Even tho the joker "all knowing" shyt was really pushing it for me :francis:)
speak on this further, guy

kingdarius

Wtf u talkin bout? Ya Bish
Daps
Reppin
FayetteNam, North Carolina #byrdgang
speak on this further, guy
the joker literally knew EVERYTHING that was gonna happen that entire movie....mufukka wasnt even that foresighted in the comics but somehow always knew wat batman was gonna do throughout that whole movie. It bothered tf outta me my 2nd time viewing.

Reality

Make your own luck.
Daps
Reppin
NULL
6.5/10...which is a shame because it could've been incredible if they kept the story simpler and focused on the themes that stood out in the trailer

Bane vs Batman should've been the ultimate rivalry

Two Orphans; Two Obsessions; Two Very Different Origins
Bruce inherited everything; had the world at his feet and decided to protect it

Bane came from nothing and literally had to fight and claw and scrape to survive, yet wound up stronger, and possibly even more cunning than Batman: ..No ordinary child. A child born in hell. Forged from suffering. Hardened by pain.

Two conflicting motives for gotham: Restoration vs. Retribution; God's grace vs. His Wrath, w/ Bruce and Bane as His respective instruments waging a war for Gotham in which Batman is finally outmatched. With part of the audience realizing they're rooting for Bane on the inside, thinking "they never gave me shyt either breh":wow:

But no. Nolan threw that GOAT matchup and theme out of the window to make Bane a simp, hired gun and give his origin story to some random broad in a plot twist that only made shyt more convoluted:scust:.

2nd half of that movie was straight :trash: brehs, I'll never forgive Nolan for that.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
6.5/10...which is a shame because it could've been incredible if they kept the story simpler and focused on the themes that stood out in the trailer

Bane vs Batman should've been the ultimate rivalry

Two Orphans; Two Obsessions; Two Very Different Origins
Bruce inherited everything; had the world at his feet and decided to protect it

Bane came from nothing and literally had to fight and claw and scrape to survive, yet wound up stronger, and possibly even more cunning than Batman: ..No ordinary child. A child born in hell. Forged from suffering. Hardened by pain.

Two conflicting motives for gotham: Restoration vs. Retribution; God's grace vs. His Wrath, w/ Bruce and Bane as His respective instruments waging a war for Gotham in which Batman is finally outmatched. With part of the audience realizing they're rooting for Bane on the inside, thinking "they never gave me shyt either breh":wow:

But no. Nolan threw that GOAT matchup and theme out of the window to make Bane a simp, hired gun and give his origin story to some random broad in a plot twist that only made shyt more convoluted:scust:.

2nd half of that movie was straight :trash: brehs, I'll never forgive Nolan for that.

Preach. Even the idea of Bruce looking for a good death was glossed over and only mentioned not illustrated

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
How did Bruce get back to Gotham
mjbats_zpsug1zbyn4.png

Last edited: