What do we think of the Dark Knight Rises now?

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
It's still awful. Everything about it felt like a phoned in and forced ass attempt to out-epic TDK and outside of Bane, the only redeeming part of the movie, nothing of it works.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Hands down one of the wackest movies I've ever seen in my life.

Actually let me clarify....it's obviously not "The Room" levels of wackness but it's one of the wackest movies I've ever seen with that level of talent involved. And yes, "Ant-Man" is far better....not even because it's really that good....it's just not a complete train wreck like "TDKR".

Fred.

KevCo

Bond's gun spoke once....
Daps
Reppin
The Weird Side
still enjoy it....I kinda give Nolan a mulligan as the third installment should have had the joker in arkham or some variation of the Joker in the movie but Im sure his plans went out the window when Heath died. Still solid tho, 7/10

side note: no matter what they did it was not going to live up to TDK :manny:

Last edited:

Notorious 1 E.Y.E.

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the low end. southside chi
I liked it a lot when I saw it in the theater, but the more you watch it, the more it falls apart. Similar to Skyfall for me.

Surprised nobody has mentioned the stock exchange scene :francis:
its been mentioned before, just not in this thread
yo lets seend the entire police force after bataman
let the murders and kidnappers go tho, go after batman

then the whole yeah, we know you didnt sell any of your stock, and we know your identity was stolen by those criminals who we saw do all of this..... but were gonna let it happen

MAKAVELI25

the heir apparent
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang
Not to go off topic, but it blows my mind that people love Ant-Man so much. It was the most boring comic book movie, I've ever seen. And I own Watchmen.

"Ant Man" is a great film, the only thing holding it back is that the protagonist us a bench player. Give that production team a great superhero and they'd murk with it, I cant believe they semi-managed to make Antman compelling.

Last edited:

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
its been mentioned before, just not in this thread
yo lets seend the entire police force after bataman
let the murders and kidnappers go tho, go after batman

then the whole yeah, we know you didnt sell any of your stock, and we know your identity was stolen by those criminals who we saw do all of this..... but were gonna let it happen

Dumbest shyt ever. Stock exchanges get closed over the smallest suspicious transgressions, these motherfukkers rode in on motorcycles with guns, hacked the shyt in front of everybody, and when some questionable exchanges happen the next day, nobody bats an eye. :mjlol:

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I will say this. I get irritate by people stating this film had plot holes when it really didn't. I think people confuse continuity issues with plot holes.

Case in point: in TDK, when the Joker tossed ol' girl off the ledge of Bruce's condo and Batman jump and saved her. The scene went straight to the following day without showing or explaining what happened to the Joker who was STILL up at the party with all of those people. It was a complete cut without explanation into another UNRELATED scene. That's a PLOT HOLE.

With the case of TDKR, it had continuity implied scene such as so-called how Bruce was able to get back into Gotham. Which isn't a plot hole, because you already KNEW once he escaped the prison he was going to return and find a way to get in, especially since he's trained to be stealth ANYWAY. It didn't need to be shown or explained when you can deduce it yourself. Everything from TDKR that people claim as a "plot hole" are really continuity issues because Nolan doesn't spoon feed his audiences unless it is required.

Vandelay

Waxing Intellectual
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
TDKR is 6/10 for me. The atmosphere was great, the execution was poor.

Bane was setup to be one of the most memorable villains of all-time in film, but in the end he was relegated to a lovesick henchmen.

The continuity, and logical inconsistencies also only furthered it from being great. It's good, but not great like it was building itself to be.