What do you think existed before the universe?

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
Type Username Here said:
I see. Are we talking about this observable universe or all of existence? It's equally possible I think that there may not be a "why" for this universe, only a "how" and the "why" might apply to existence. The opposite could be true as well: existence has no "why" but this universe does.

I don't think we know what 'all of existence' actually entails. Our observation of the Universe is extremely limited and purely material, but what we have observed confirms that everything that exists (that we know of) has an explanation for its existence. Both a 'how' and a 'why'. We may know one and not the other for those observations and that is acceptable for some depending on their level of curiosity.

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
LarryLobster said:
Just like ants that can't comprehend our human way of life, we won't ever comprehend our existence, there will always have questions, so why bother :manny:

If our species survives long enough, I think we can comprehend not only our own existence, but the existence of everything else. We bother because we want answers to questions. Personally, I wonder what happens when/if we run out of questions to ask. That may be the one thing that makes us truly human.

Dameon Farrow

Superstar
Daps

FLORIDA BOI

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
we wont know until we go in one of these black holes :ufdup:but by the time we get the technology to do that we will be long gone :deadmanny:

Dameon Farrow

Superstar
Daps
Exactly. Which makes the creationism vs evolution debate pointless since neither side and solidify their argument.

The evidence of evolution is not speculation. So I have to stop you there. We have a 98+% share of primate DNA. We have a tail bone. And that barely scratches the surface. Many of the medicines that critics of evolution love to partake in were tested on primates for this very reason. Evolutionary scientists' arguments are beyond solidified. I am always amazed at the lack of knowledge in the public regarding evolution. And, just speaking generally here, the biggest critics have the largest amount of ignorance.

Dameon Farrow

Superstar
Daps
To put the idea of a Big Bang simply, the main evidence used is red shift - If you imagine drawing dots on a balloon then filling it up with air, the dots move away from each other . Similarly, when observed, galaxies and shyt in general seems to be moving away from other shyt at faster rates. This leads to the idea that everything must've started from a single point, with infinite density and infinite gravity (word to Einstein's general relativity and Schwarzschild's solution)............then BANG! :comeon:

We're so insignificant that it's virtually impossible to adequately observe (from within and def not as an outsider) and understand our universe as it exists let alone what, if anything, predates it.

Just get high and fukk bytches :blessed:

Maybe we are the universe and all of it is in our mind. You create everything and it all dies with you in a cycle. See, another theory.:troll:

Yep. Visual proof and people still deny.

We can get high fukk bytches and still ponder the universe. :win: x 3

Mr. Pink

All Star
Daps
I been thinking. What do yall think existed before the formation of the earth and the universe? Do you think it was just nothingness? Religious brehs do y'all believe God always was? Was there ever a point in time nothing existed at all?

Sound off.
ZJ2OAyN.png
For non-religious people it's impossible to say. It's like asking what's beyond death. The answer is nothingness. But even that word is not appropriate. We define "nothing" as the absence of something, we're only capable of defining it by contrast, as an abstract notion.

If you don't believe in one religion or another it's simply impossible to conceptualize.