What Made You Believe In God/Allah? (Were You INDOCTRINATED With It?)

THOT CATALOG

All Star
Supporter
Daps
when i started studying science, I stopped believing in god. (evolution via natural selection).

but when I started studying hardcore math, I started believing in god again because math is the language of nature and that shyt is too perfect for it to be a coincidence.

SirReginald

The African Diaspora Will Be "ONE" (#PanAfricana)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
when i started studying science, I stopped believing in god. (evolution via natural selection).

but when I started studying hardcore math, I started believing in god again because math is the language of nature and that shyt is too perfect for it to be a coincidence.
Cool. I believe Science and Religion can go hand in hand like MLK stated.

PeridotPuss

Levels on levels on levels ahead
Supporter
Daps
I was at the lowest point in my life and I went in my room and closed the door, threw myself on the floor crying and literally screamed "I NEED TO KNOW IF YOU ARE REAL! SHOW ME! WHERE ARE YOU? !?" and I MEANT it...like desperately. I needed to know for sure, for myself.

And He showed up.....in an instant. I felt a presence that was love beyond words. Love in a way humans don't love and something I've never felt. It was warm and light. I recognized it as the presence of God. What surprised me....is He has such a sense of humor, a quickness to appear, and a peacefulness I can't describe. I almost laughed but I think it was a joy fulness I felt, not like something was funny.

My faith was built there. It was all I ever needed to know. I didn't (and still don't) understand everything about the Bible but I know that feeling, that few moments, can't ever be taken from me. Another thing that became clear to me is why "no one can judge but God" is we aren't loving enough to do it fairly. The love we have here is NOTHING close to the love He has for us. I was astounded He heard me, that he came that quickly. I couldn't talk about it for a long time and then when I did I couldn't talk about it without crying. I wish I could put it all into words but....

I never doubted the existence of God again.

Edit for the updated OP - No, I did not grow up in the church.

SirReginald

The African Diaspora Will Be "ONE" (#PanAfricana)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
I was at the lowest point in my life and I went in my room and closed the door, threw myself on the floor crying and literally screamed "I NEED TO KNOW IF YOU ARE REAL! SHOW ME! WHERE ARE YOU? !?" and I MEANT it...like desperately. I needed to know for sure, for myself.

And He showed up.....in an instant. I felt a presence that was love beyond words. Love in a way humans don't love and something I've never felt. It was warm and light. I recognized it as the presence of God. What surprised me....is He has such a sense of humor, a quickness to appear, and a peacefulness I can't describe. I almost laughed but I think it was a joy fulness I felt, not like something was funny.

My faith was built there. It was all I ever needed to know. I didn't (and still don't) understand everything about the Bible but I know that feeling, that few moments, can't ever be taken from me. Another thing that became clear to me is why "no one can judge but God" is we aren't loving enough to do it fairly. The love we have here is NOTHING close to the love He has for us. I was astounded He heard me, that he came that quickly. I couldn't talk about it for a long time and then when I did I couldn't talk about it without crying. I wish I could put it all into words but....

I glad you had your spiritual epiphany. Sometimes you need that shoulder to cry on.

DarkHorse23

Banned
Daps

So in your experiences he's not like that strict grouchy angry father that many of us(and maybe even the old testament portray him as) think of him as?

That's cool. Good to know our "heavenly" father isn't like that. Hard enough growing up with an natural father like that. Ask me how i know smh.

Last edited:

2CT

Retired
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
My Own šŸŒ
life experiences

that's why i don't press my beliefs on others, you gotta experience things first hand and closely observe how your own life moves to form these type of conclusions

i've had plenty of times where i've made wrong choices and easily could have stopped breathing as a result but here i am and i don't chalk that up to myself