What Made You Believe In God/Allah? (Were You INDOCTRINATED With It?)

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
the cac mamba said:
until religious fools have to come up with something better than 'god was always just here', i dont have to come up with anything better either :yeshrug:

Well, they came up with something better back in the 4th Century BCE (aseity) and science has disproved the 'Universe was always there'-hypothesis.

The 'G-d' hypothesis lies outside science so other means are necessary to discover its validity/invalidity, i.e., logic/philosophy.

There are just as many (if not more) irreligious fools as religious fools. This forum is a testament to that fact.​

WaveCapsByOscorp™

2021 Grammy Award Winner
Daps
indoctrination. But, since my initial exposure, I've come to think many different things rather solely than the original concept I was given.

Saiyajin

Superstar
Daps
because after reading the Quran i was shocked on how it was all facts on the nature of man and woman :wow:

and Islam is the religion that forces its followers to be disciplined above all, everyone is equal and ranked by their deeds and character. and I believe discipline is what separates the Great from the low :wow:

also the entire book is a book of poetry in arabic so just reading the english translation is doing it a disservice you needa hear it recited :wow:

Thsnnor

Believer in Jesus
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Jesus
For my believers, what made you believe in God? I believe in an afterlife, but what changed you to make you believe?

Dying. Experiencing what was on the other side and knowing it is not subject to personal thoughts, feelings or emotions had a profound impact.

SirReginald

The African Diaspora Will Be "ONE" (#PanAfricana)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
Dying. Experiencing what was on the other side and knowing it is not subject to personal thoughts, feelings or emotions had a profound impact.
So, what did you see on the other side before you came back to life? I've heard about people dying and coming back to life.

Thsnnor

Believer in Jesus
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Jesus
So, what did you see on the other side before you came back to life? I've heard about people dying and coming back to life.

It was more felt than seeing. Felt a love that has no equivalent. An embrace that you knew was rooted in love, peace, joy and the remaining fruits of the spirit. An extremely powerful presence that you...... Hmmmmm... like in the movies where the character says you are only here because I allow it kinda things. Except you know the being whose presence you are in is allowing it.

Left no doubt in any way, shape or form it was God. The first thing sensed was love.