What piece of popular technology came and went the fast

SupaDupaCool

Superstar
Daps
I remember getting the Game Gear for Christmas:wow:. Had Sonic 2 (which was a version of itself), and some other games. I got a AC adapter as well because holy hell the Game Gear ate through batteries:picard:. While, the Gameboy had the handheld game on lock, Game Gear had a certain charm to it and felt innovative. Most of the games I played on the system felt legit compared to the Game Boy where it was a handful that really caught my attention.

Breh I had a Game Gear with Sonic, Tails Adventure, Shinobi, NBA Jam, and Shining Force. I poured hours and a life time supply of AA batteries in that motherfukker.

Saturday morning cartoons + Shining Force and Shinobi during commercial breaks all up in my bedroom.

:wow:

Now those was the days

levitate

I love you, you know.
Daps
Reppin
The Multiverse
PqGCfo1.gif

Y'all know what "Came & Went" means, right? :pachaha:
Yeah, who uses a standalone car GPS now? Smartphones/CarPlay/AndroidAuto deaded that shyt. :childplease:

KidJSoul

Veteran
Daps
Breh

:mjcry:

First game system to have an online platform...over dial up phones.

Use to bust my Uncle ass in Virtua On and Sega Rally

First time I watched my cuz beat Burning Rangers

Them weekend morning we'd jump from Virtua Fighter 2, to Last Bronx, to Fighters Megamix. Arcade fighting game frenzy.

First time I saw Nights and Panzer Dragoon

Best controller of all time. Why the fukk we went from the perfect 6-button layout to the stupid 4-button diamond shape with 4 triggers will forever be a bit of wasted potential.

And yet seeing all those hot ass Konami and Namco and even Sony Entertainment games exclusive on Playstation was just

:mjcry::mjcry::mjcry:

Man, '96-'98 Sega

:wow:
Damn breh, could go more in depth :ohhh:

You're a rare breed: the Sega Saturn online scene was short lived and expensive, wasn't it? Wasn't the Netplay expensive and didn't sell much?

How was it like? Were there lobbies?

Did you enjoy the Saturn?

SupaDupaCool

Superstar
Daps
The Nintendo Switch is popular as hell bruh.

In any case dude missed the point of the thread. How you say the game boy line came and went.

:mjlol:

shyt came out in 89, remained a hot item for years and then EXPLODED even more NINE years later with the Pokemon craze. shyt was still a household item in every kids book bag well into the mid 2000s. The damn thing was the most popularized and longest running electronic device for ages.