What the hell is Kendrick Lamar doing?

Frida Giezman

Banned
Daps
I'm not the biggest kendrick fan but if you make music with substance you might have to let life take its course to have shyt to write about

I think the same goes for an artist like nas

MiC

Pro
Daps
Dude got lucky with his first album getting so big and being the "go to" album by "real" rap fans.

For someone who was the most talked about rapper of 2013 to only be averaging 2,787 people per show for the year shows it was hype that propelled that album and not a well built fan base.

Kendrick knows he'll need to pull a rabbit out of his ass to repeat

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
Kendrick is a legitimate artist. He makes music at his own pace. Be patient, his overall quality of work has been quite high.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Is he gonna finish in time for a 2014 release though? Gotta say I'm surprised we don't even have a freestyle or street buzz track.

Trey0'5Blue2Gz

I'm The Cook that killed Gus Fring
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Liberty City
Kendrick is a legitimate artist. He makes music at his own pace. Be patient, his overall quality of work has been quite high.

It's how hey use to do it back then

Let then miss you some

nikkas got use to that fast food music

Kdot teaching em to appreciate good music while these artist are over saturating the market thinking they'll gain longevity when in reality people are mashing them up with their counterparts and all those who jock their sound making the people tired of that sound :banderas:

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Drake lost his depth since so far so gone and comeback season he's a hit maker now so he can come out with all this stuff but he don't got subject matter anymore it's all money this my crew that, I got bytches like that and sometimes bytches hurt me, Kendrick makes concepts about his albums section 80 discussing the Ragen generation, Good Kid Maad city his autobiographical story. It takes time to come up with subject matter and content to your music and this is what seperates Kendrick from these new nikkaz these new nikkas can continue you to feed you nikkaz because they rap about the same shyt and don't take the time to put subject matter and content in there music. Quality shyt takes time and should not be rushed.

Just Don't be on some Detox shyt tho :whoa:

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
I'm guessing Dre/Iovine were busy with the Beats acquisition lately, so Kendrick has been kinda on his own.

Now that Dre/Iovine officially left Interscope for Apple what does that mean for Aftermath/Kendrick? Does Dre even have the time to help Kendrick out?

The same thing they did for SchoolBoy Q. Absolutely nothing and he still sold well.

jaydolf spitler

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Florida
Lack of work ethic.

Anyone who thinks he's going to finally drop a classic by taking time out of the game is kidding themselves.

The longer he waits, the anticipation increases and more chance that his next album will fail to live up to expectations.

ROXC1JR.gif
I know you trollin but :stopitslime:

All those 'The Vault' mixtapes that were put out from him and TDE more than show how much time dude puts in the studio. I got a million songs by dude

shopthatwrecks

Certified Babble Detector Badge Number #281713
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
44 bricks...acre shaker
It's how hey use to do it back then

Let then miss you some

nikkas got use to that fast food music

Kdot teaching em to appreciate good music while these artist are over saturating the market thinking they'll gain longevity when in reality people are mashing them up with their counterparts and all those who jock their sound making the people tired of that sound :banderas:

exactly...if kendrick wayne'd it...he would be irrelevant ...n would fall the waistside content wise