What's the best action(hack and slash) game last gen?

Y'all Votin or Y'all gonna pik ya best candydate?

• Total voters

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Out of the best ones last gen, which are your favorite??

I'm talking DMC4, Ninja Gaiden, Bayonetta, God of war, MGR etc.

Daps
Reppin
Canada
Bayonetta 1

wUQEkug.png
fukk a Bayonetta 2 and Nintendo.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Bayonetta 1

wUQEkug.png
fukk a Bayonetta 2 and Nintendo.
Seriously... It was such a good game that would've added to the catalog of great games this gen but alas it was snatched up. Easily the GOTY of 2014 imo. Everything about that game was damn near perfect. :wow:

Edit: Has there been ANY good hack and slash this gen so far???

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Bayonetta by far is the best

Ninja Gaiden 2 is a very close 2nd which is the other option because Sigma 2 is different, NG 2 on 360 was harder, had blood and more enimies on the screen

there were a few sleepers like Conan and Ninja Blade

Castlevainia LOS was dope but i remember the stans hating. Devil May 4 is so damn ill i need to cop that on the ps4

Chef

All Star
Daps
Castlevania is a different breed of hack and slash. I thought it was going to be a short weekend game like most games - I was wrong. It's a Castlevania game.:mjlol:

MGR is a great game but it didn't click with me. I may give it another chance. I wrote God of War series after the first game. Both were piff but the combat was a little bit shallow for me to rank next to NG and DMC. I didn't get to play the third so that might change my opinion on the series.

DmC is a good game but the weapons are so trash for a DMC game.:scust:Nothing on the level of Agni and Rudi, Nevan and the gauntlets(Vergil's moveset). Reminds me why DMC3 is king. Vergil's mode in DMC3 SE. :wow:Bloody Palace. :wow:DMC4 was good too but fukk fighting the same bosses again. :snoop:

Bayonetta was just a perfect game. The big boot, the hair dragon, the Jeanne fights. It had some GOAT boss fights. :blessed:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Castlevania is a different breed of hack and slash. I thought it was going to be a short weekend game like most games - I was wrong. It's a Castlevania game.:mjlol:

MGR is a great game but it didn't click with me. I may give it another chance. I wrote God of War series after the first game. Both were piff but the combat was a little bit shallow for me to rank next to NG and DMC. I didn't get to play the third so that might change my opinion on the series.

DmC is a good game but the weapons are so trash for a DMC game.:scust:Nothing on the level of Agni and Rudi, Nevan and the gauntlets(Vergil's moveset). Reminds me why DMC3 is king. Vergil's mode in DMC3 SE. :wow:Bloody Palace. :wow:DMC4 was good too but fukk fighting the same bosses again. :snoop:

Bayonetta was just a perfect game. The big boot, the hair dragon, the Jeanne fights. It had some GOAT boss fights. :blessed:
Same. I have it but for some reason the game just feels bland to me.. Like it's competent in terms of gameplay but for some reason it feels so generic to me. Weirdly I think it's the bland level design and music that just makes it dull to me compared to say Bayonetta where the music is so good.

:wow:

Bayonetta 2 is quintessentially a perfect game. The gameplay animations are insane, the action is over the top, the combos feel so damn good and the weapons are :wow: I mean wtf?? Platinum spazzed the fukk out in that game.

WBDtKSF.gif

It's such a sad sight to see a game of that caliber be stuck on the Wii U.