What's the best action(hack and slash) game last gen?

Y'all Votin or Y'all gonna pik ya best candydate?

• Total voters

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
:usure:

Ninja Gaiden 2 is where MGR got the dismemberment gameplay from breh
No. I don't think you know what I'm talking about. I'm referring to Blade Mode. Blade Mode redefined 'hack' and 'slash' by actually giving you control over what you hack and slash. Blade Mode lets you slice anything you want, as many times as you want, while your standing still, or walking, or sliding on the ground or jumping in the air. Blade Mode gives you precision slicing. None of the games listed give you this other than MGR. It's the first of it's kind. In case you forgot.

D1renegade

All Star
Daps
Reppin
OK
:patrice:

Tough choice.. It really depends on what your preference is

Gameplay wise, it's probably a toss up between Ninja Gaiden, Bayonetta, MGR and DMC

But if we're talking overall package, it's got to be GOW 3 without question. The set pieces, music, boss fights and graphics:wow:. That combination is godly (dont even ask me how)

Mr Clean

Superstar
Daps
Bayonetta 1 and 2 :blessed:

Metal Gear Rising gets props for the bosses. Armstrong was that dude

Tangentially I fukked with MGR a lot more than MGSV :ld:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Man I'm sure if they were to put Bayonetta 2 on PS4 nikkas would be :gladbron::gladbron:. Game is too fukking nasty. I feel like beating it a third time.

Daps
Bayonetta 1

wUQEkug.png
fukk a Bayonetta 2 and Nintendo.
:umad:

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
No. I don't think you know what I'm talking about. I'm referring to Blade Mode. Blade Mode redefined 'hack' and 'slash' by actually giving you control over what you hack and slash. Blade Mode lets you slice anything you want, as many times as you want, while your standing still, or walking, or sliding on the ground or jumping in the air. Blade Mode gives you precision slicing. None of the games listed give you this other than MGR. It's the first of it's kind. In case you forgot.

:heh:

I've played MGR and I'm fully aware of what the game brought to the table.

I even said that I'd pick MGR or NG2 for the title for last gen in a post. One could say that NG2 redefined hack and slash before MGR because it was the first action game that took dismemberment to the level it did. And on top of that, the gore factor in the game is... :whoo:

I liked MGR because it built on that kind of detailed striking/dismembering.

NG2 also has arguable the GOAT weapon selection you can find out of all the games listed. Every single weapon in the game is just as lethal as the next... which isn't the case for a lot of these games.

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
The first Bayonetta is the perfect action game. But when it comes to hack and slash, I chose MGR.

Maybe if you worded the poll differently I would've voted differently.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The first Bayonetta is the perfect action game. But when it comes to hack and slash, I chose MGR.

That's the best way to word it. I looked it up and those games(Bayonetta, MGR) are labelled as "Action hack and slash". If I put action, it'd be too broad.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

That's the best way to word it. I looked it up and those games(Bayonetta, MGR) are labelled as "Action hack and slash". If I put action, it'd be too broad.

teacher

All Star
Daps
I gotta go with bayonetta or ng2 og 360...havent really sunk my teeth into bayonetta 2 yet and never played mgr :damn:

gow3 I feel is more in the lane of something like uncharted because of its production value and combos aren't as crazy as the other games mentioned

SupaHotIce

All Star
Daps
Bayonetta
DMC4
Killer is Dead is fun. Never seen anyone mention this before. Some anime type hack and slash :ehh:

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Bayonetta for me. Honorable mentions from back in the day.

Dreamcast version

sword_of_the_berserk_guts_rage_002.jpg

PS2 version

maxresdefault.jpg

I didn't know there was a Berserk game :ohhh:

Downloading now :wow: