What's the best action(hack and slash) game last gen?

Y'all Votin or Y'all gonna pik ya best candydate?

• Total voters

Tetsuo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Texas
Metal Gear Rising and Sengoku Basara 3: Utage

I wanted to like Bayo 1, but the instant death QTEs, the boss battles outside the fights with Jeanne that devolved into shytty platforming affairs, and the genre changes that overstayed their welcome ruined it for me.

be back in a bit

All Star
Daps
Bayonetta is the best, and I ain't sayin no mo.
wUQEkug.png

GoldenGlove

๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜‘๐Ÿ˜ถ๐Ÿ˜‘๐Ÿ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Ninja Gaiden 2 and MGR from what I've played.

Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 was the censored version of the OG game. Removed the blood and gore and replaced it with majestic color fumes and mist

:what:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'm shocked a lot of people voted Gow3. That game was fukking crazy as a "game" overall but pure hack and slash wise?? It's pretty meh compared to Bayonetta imo.

GoldenGlove

๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜‘๐Ÿ˜ถ๐Ÿ˜‘๐Ÿ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
None of these games other than MGR truly redefines what it really means to 'hack' and 'slash'.

:usure:

Ninja Gaiden 2 is where MGR got the dismemberment gameplay from breh

GoldenGlove

๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜‘๐Ÿ˜ถ๐Ÿ˜‘๐Ÿ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Was going to mention this too, albeit it's not exactly one in the same. Closest we got tho.:manny:
I feel like it's an action game at it's core after digging into it heavy. You just level stuff up like you would in an RPG. All of these games mentioned in this thread have some kind of leveling up system tho, it's just Bloodborne's more like an RPG while the other games aren't.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
I feel like it's an action game at it's core after digging into it heavy. You just level stuff up like you would in an RPG. All of these games mentioned in this thread have some kind of leveling up system tho, it's just Bloodborne's more like an RPG while the other games aren't.

Main difference I see tho is the stamina gauge, which limits you from endless attacks n combos and that it's play mechanics such as that and in general, are a bit more based in realism, as far as what your character can do that is.