When did Jews become white?

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
How do Jews generally view Christianity and Jesus?
i dont come from a really strong religious background, so i might be the wrong one to ask, but i have a degree in theology so i come at this from another perspective too

jews generally dont care about other religions and how it disagrees with theirs, tho. as i said before, there are no jewish missionaries and they create more jews by having babies, not by preaching to others. christianity is probably seen by most, if they care at all, as a religion that is an offshoot of theirs and that came back to both keep them secure (since their ethnic link to jesus protected them in europe for centuries, even when everyone hated them), and antagonized them (since they were persecuted for being non-believers and responsible for killing jesus).

jesus is generally seen as a smart and loving guy that got some details wrong, or at least his followers that spread his sermons after he died did. a lot of ultra orthodox communities have had leaders they've considered the messiah and have been proven to be wrong (obviously), so jesus is probably seen the same way, except even less controversial since it was 2000 years ago.

a lot of jewish religious scholarship sees jesus as a devout jew with beliefs that were radically different from those who held sway in judea at the time. so there's a lot of respect for him as a teacher and student of the faith, but not holy reverence (unless you're a messianic jew, which is a whole different angle all together and are not considered jewish by pretty much any other jew).

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
You have a lot of secular Jews out there...especially in NYC, people are much less religious these days...when they don't visibly identify as "Jewish", they generally look just "white."

I think the Holocaust believe it or not...is a huge reason for why anti-semitism in the US and Europe isn't nearly as prevelent...it's probably the most tragic and recent time of human genocide that people can refer to.

Anti-Semitism in the West is definitely a thing of the past.
not completely, but it has definitely lost its teeth

but the same could be said of many eras in europe and the near east leading up to major tragedies for jews. that's why there will always be paranoia and uncertainty no matter how good things get somewhere

Mess World

☭☥☤☮☯ψ
Daps
They became white over generations. They still have DNA tied to ancient Hebrews in the Middle East. But their tribe headed to Europe to Germany some went to Spain . After the moors and Jews got expelled during the Spanish Inquisition they headed to ottoman lands under Muslim rule for refuge. They still were treated bad by the Muslims but not as bad as the Spanish.

The khazar is just a racist theory that has been debunked. Hitler said they came from turkey in tribes known as khazars who were savage and betrayed people. No they have Dna to Semitics in the Middle East

They are linked to Israel in their DnA

Jewish researcher attacks DNA evidence linking Jews to Israel | Genetic Literacy Project

Last edited:

Mess World

☭☥☤☮☯ψ
Daps
DNA tester: 75 percent of Jews trace ancestry to Middle East

Founder of U.S.-based company says that anti-Jewish polemics can't hide the science proving that Jews did indeed originate from the region.

Judy Maltz
13.11.2014 | 09:10
21 comments
Where did the Jews originate? For Bennett Greenspan, the founder and president of Family Tree DNA, there’s little doubt, and it can all be proven with a swab of cheek cells.

The overwhelming majority of Jews living today should be able to trace their roots back to the Middle East with a little DNA testing, he maintains, and all those who claim otherwise, as far as he’s concerned, have their history wrong.

Shattering a 'national mythology'

Shlomo Sand's 'The Invention of the Jewish People' is a success for Israel

“We’re not interlopers who came here from Eastern Europe, and we’re not Serbs or Kazars,” says Greenspan. “You can use whatever polemic you want to discredit the Jews or discredit the nation, but saying that we weren’t here is a lie.”

Greenspan was referring to the controversial book written by Tel Aviv University historian Shlomo Sand, which asserts that the Jews of today did not originate in this part of the world and that a “nation-race” of Jews never existed. Most of today’s Jews, he argues in “The Invention of the Jewish People” (2008), are the descendants of people who lived elsewhere in the world and were converted to Judaism. However, a major study published two years later by Harry Ostrer, a medical geneticist from the Albert Einstein College of Medicine, claims that many contemporary Jews do, indeed, have a distinctive genetic signature and can trace their ancestry back to the Middle East.

Greenspan delivered a guest lecture in Israel on Wednesday at the Netanya Academic College on the DNA of the Jews. Nothing more than a bit of saliva, insists the entrepreneur and genealogy enthusiast, is required to prove the similarities in the genetic make-up of most Jewish men and women, and that’s because their ancestors once lived the same place. In response to a question from Haaretz, Greenspan said he estimates that “No less than 75 percent of Ashekanzi, Sephardi or Mizrahi Jews, their ancestors came from what we call the general Middle East” – an assessment which he says is based on his company’s database.

3096407010.jpg

Bennett Greenspan, President of Family Tree DNA No Credit
Family Tree DNA, a U.S.-based company with distributors in Europe and the United Arab Emirates and which Greenspan founded in 2000 while he was semi-retired, was the first company in the world to offer commercial DNA test kits. Today, about a half dozen other such companies exist. “I had sold my photographic supply business and was puttering around the house, getting in my wife’s way,” he recounts. “Finally, she said you should either pick up golf or go back to genealogy, at which point I started researching the only line of my eight great-grandparents’ lineages that I had never worked on.”

When he was eventually able to establish through DNA testing his blood relationship to someone in Argentina from that branch of family, Greenspan decided it was time to turn his life-long hobby into a business. To date, Family Tree DNA has tested more than one million people and has more than 700,000 records in its database. Among its more famous clients is the National Geographic Society. Altogether, says Greenspan, Jews comprise only about 3-4 percent of his clientele – much bigger than their share in the U.S. population, but just a fraction of his business.

One of his major discoveries through DNA testing in the United States, says Greenspan, was that Ashkenazi Jews bear genetic similarities to Hispanic Catholics living in New Mexico and Colorado. “In fact, there was evidence of Hispanic women in those places coming down with similar types of breast cancer as Ashkenazi Jews,” he says. “What it means to me is that these Hispanics were actually the descendants of Anusim, or forced converts.”

Arabs are no less curious about their genealogy than Jews, says Greenspan, who counts many resident of the Gulf States among his clients. And just as Jewish Cohanim, or priests, have been increasingly making use of DNA testing to try and prove that they are direct descendants of Moses’s brother Aaron, so too have those Muslims who believe themselves to be descendants of the prophet Mohammed. “That is considered a very big deal for them,” he says.

Not long after he landed in Israel the other night, recalls Greenspan, he received a phone call from a client in Riyadh, who had suspected he might have some Jewish ancestry and was interested in finding out whether his test results were available yet. A test by Family Tree DNA determined that this Arab from Saudi Arabia was 7 percent Jewish, meaning 7 percent of his ancestors were determined to be Jewish. “I told him the difference between him and me is that he’s a Muslim Arab and I’m a Jewish Arab. Period. Just like there are Christian Arabs. But the majority of us men, whether we’re Saudi, Palestinian, Syrian or Jews – the majority of us came from the Middle East a long, long time ago. Some of us left. Some of us didn’t. DNA shows that.”

TEH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Let the "Jews" think that they are white if they want Billy Bob Cracker still hates them just as much as he hates us.

Marc Spector

the 4'11 Cuban
Daps
Reppin
The Milky Way
I mean racist motherfukkers HAD to find someone new to hate :yeshrug:

Once your respective ethnic group is no longer on that racist summerjam screen, assimilation becomes so commonplace you forget mahfukkas didnt like you in the first place.

I mean at one point in this country Germans and Poles were anglicizing their last names cuz they got shyt on so bad.

NBA Youngbreh

DaDumbWay
Daps
Reppin
The Boot to Dallas
This asking from an American point of view......these two groups of people Jews and Irish at one time were treated poorly ....but all of a sudden the point of view of the american public changed...I'm wondering when that happened or if any of you know why I would appreciate learning something new.
Irish were treated better as soon as they started kissing white peoples asses and hating us
Jews and Eastern Europeans began to be classified as white after the Great Depression and world war 2