• Running

Votes: 6 37.5%

• Total voters

DonKnock

KPJ Gonna Save Us
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Having ran track in jr. High, HS, and college I try to do other stuff for cardio:manny:

Jump rope
Stair master HIIT
Basketball

What I'm doing right now :manny:

Daps
Probably swimming out of the 2 but as for ease, running. You can easily go for a run after a gym session, or even run home etc. Swimming take's more planning.

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Been running for an hour on the treadmill 6 times a week for the last month and the weight has been dropping off.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
The Last of the Outlaws
the one you'll actually do honestly, I HATE swimming and I don't have a logical reason why but I see it's benefits.

I'm a stairmaster guy, gimme my hoodie 45 mins to an hour and a couple of good UFC fights or old school wrestling and i'm set.

But I also get how that would bore the next person to death

-G$-

...fresh outta fux...
Supporter
Daps
It can but as a primary exercise it seems to miss the mark.

Also other ways of training in explosive ways can translate to long distance running but not always vice-versa.

@ocmfII should have some good insight.
sorry for delayed response, haven't been on as much lately

imho interval cardio goes hand in hand much better w weight training. but there is something about distance running that always sucks me back in, especially when it's nice out and i can lose myself in my music for 40-50 mins. distance running is rougher on your joints, can negate muscular gains when not cycled in properly, and second for second (time wise) is way less effective w fat burn. but i still do it because i love/hate it :manny:

Last edited:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
im old school so im all about running...i hate doing it but the benefits outweigh hate

one of my personal fitness watermarks is being able to run/jog 2 miles minimum without struggle and without stopping once...if i cant do that then i know my cardio isnt shyt and neither is my conditioning and i need to get make quick lifestyle changes

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
swimming though is good shyt...my lady is currently doing that along this with biking for cardio...i can swim for sure...i have access to a pool at the gym i go to but its always full as fukk due to the time i get there and i have access at my home but i can only get to it on the weekends