Which hip hop moguls rise to the top do you admire the most?

BrothaZay

Non-FBA. AdosK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The suburbs
Everyones always on Hovs nuts but I admire P diddys the most. He just seems smarter than Jay to me, but Jay is probably the better hustler.

Fucc russel c00nons.

Dre is a hard worker, but hes a stuck up diva faggit :scusthov:

50 is my favorite out of all of them, but he just got lucky.

keon

imma hitta by myself
Supporter
Daps
Master P.

No Limit's dominance from like 97 - 99 was unlike anything i've ever witnessed.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Can Kanye be considered a "Mogul"? I know he's not in the level of Diddy or Hov but I really do admire his come up. He was himself first and foremost, didn't conform to the "gangsta" image that was prevalent at the time, was at the forefront of the soul sample movement, and made it big off of pure talent and determination. He's not the BEST MC but you can never say he's not talented and he's :whew: with the beats. He put on John Legend, Kid Cudi, Big Sean. Helped to resurrect the mainstream popularity of Common and Pusha T. Resuscitated Consequence and helped put his friends Rhymefest and GLC in the limelight. He's got G.O.O.D Music which has to its credit 9 platinum albums (5 from Kanye himself) 6 Gold albums and a Gold compilation.:ooh:

BrothaZay

Non-FBA. AdosK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The suburbs
Can Kanye be considered a "Mogul"? I know he's not in the level of Diddy or Hov but I really do admire his come up. He was himself first and foremost, didn't conform to the "gangsta" image that was prevalent at the time, was at the forefront of the soul sample movement, and made it big off of pure talent and determination. He's not the BEST MC but you can never say he's not talented and he's :whew: with the beats. He put on John Legend, Kid Cudi, Big Sean. Helped to resurrect the mainstream popularity of Common and Pusha T. Resuscitated Consequence and helped put his friends Rhymefest and GLC in the limelight. He's got G.O.O.D Music which has to its credit 9 platinum albums (5 from Kanye himself) 6 Gold albums and a Gold compilation.:ooh:
True that, he really got rich just off his talent, no extra shyt.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Why the hate for Russel Simmons? :what:

Cause he ain't a gangsta that takes money out of other people mouths. At least, publicly. I also respect whoever said Kanye. He got out of Jay's shadow and became a force of his own.

LezJepzin

We Wavy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
50East/Sacramento, CA
P as a person but Diddy overall. Like I remember No Limit's dominance during the late 90s and I was rooting Percy on. Dude did a lot to get to the top. Even tried to get in the NBA . Yeah, he did the sports agency and the sneakers too but I respect dude not being afraid of venture out of the typical hip hop mogul lane at the time.

I respect Diddy what he did and he knew what a lot of people liked. I didn't like dude as a person, especially after the Shyne mess but I used to rock Sean John hard & Ciroc vodka isn't bad at all :manny:

Burger King

Beefin
Daps
Reppin
your mother

can definately agree with this, as corny as he can come off these days kanye definately put his work in !

OG Talk

Archived
Daps
Reppin
Heaven on Earth
Master P

J Prince

Baby and Slim

The fact that they weren't from L.A. or New York and didn't have the Jewish connect made them long shots...

PikaDaDon

Thunderbolt Them Suckers
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I expect everyone will be licking Puffy's/Jay-z's nuts since their the most known. People easily forgot that Master P used to sell records off the trunk of his car. Or that he stayed ghetto (remained the same person) after becoming filthy rich.

mortuus est

Veteran
Daps
Rza, Master P, Parrell, 50 oh and Russell simmions

these guys have alll helped others get to the next level, you think its easy dealing with a bag of people?

oh how can i forget my nikka dame dash, positive black man in my life.