Which hip hop moguls rise to the top do you admire the most?

The Guru

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Jay. He built the foundation of his empire off his rhymes. Imagine that. Most of these other moguls were either mediocre mc's or businessmen/producers, fair game to them but rhymes are rhymes.

69 others

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:what: da fukk outta here -with dat BULLshyt
Puffy.gif

i notice the same dudes stay hyping master p. dude had his little run which is respected but for the most part he stretched himself too thin trying to get involved in too many things which he had little expertise in and with bad marketing (associating the no limit name with every business he got involved in:heh:) which is why he's broke today. jay, puff, and others had the good sense to partner with people with the expertise and invest a fraction or nothing in the ventures.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
thinking about it i'd say RZA too... think about it. its 20 years later from wu-tang's debut. not only are they still around, but they are legends. they can still tour the world off their name alone. they still are known and respected from the young to the old. he's now moved to being a hollywood actor, making movies, directing, writing, doing movie scores. along with meth doing the same. shyt even rae and ghost popped up in some movies. shyheim.. all them nikkas

they had video games, how many albums including wu the group, them as solo acts, and 100s of off brand dudes who were still stamped with the wu logo. speaking of solo acts, rza pioneered the way groups are signed. before wu, you were a group and there was no separate solo deal. he came up with that idea that they would not sign anywhere if they couldn't be free to sign to different companies as solo acts. and rza was the one producing all those. his credits are just about endless

and they never changed. you know their style and you know them and at 30-40 years of age they still killing it on mics and still the same wu that you heard 20 years ago. they might not be the richest.. although i do wonder what rza is actually worth. but i put that empire up there on respect and longevity alone

Still FloW

Gawd Of Shinobi
Daps
Reppin
Inside K. Michelle's Box
Two reasons:

1.) Vitamin Water shyt was luck at its finest.

2.) His lawyer or whoever just so happened to get his music to Eminem & Dre. If it wasnt for that 50 probably wouldve been shot and killed by 2003.

So selling 10 Mil TWICE, didnt bring him no money :why:

Making over 100 Mil from G-Unit clothin & sneakers brought him no money right :upsetfavre:

Maybe you forgot the part where EVERY label wanted him, but he decided going with Em & Dre was better, you seen the producers list on GRODT, shyt was done way before Dre got involved.

How was Vitamin water lucky ?? Son knew what he was doing