White Delaware professor says North Korea detainee got ‘what he deserved’

Critical Distance

Guardian Angel
Supporter
Daps
No shyt?

I actually looked her up...is this her?

286tr8g.jpg

Then I found this......so...............strange....

Q&A with #ILCA15 Speaker Katherine Dettwyler
by Lactationmatters on 17 June 2015 in ILCA 2015 Conference

Katherine Dettwyler, PhD is a plenary speaker at the upcoming 2015 ILCA Conference, 22-25 July in Washington, DC, USA. Her plenary address will be A Time to Wean: The hominid blueprint for a natural age of weaning in modern humans. She will also present during two breakout sessions, Beauty and the Breast: The cultural context of breastfeeding and Promoting Breastfeeding, Promoting Guilt?.

Yes, that's her. Breastfeeding is thing, so to speak.

Selfish

Banned
Daps
Believe random cacs deserve to be thrown in concentration camps, brehs :dead:

I know yall are just acting tough on the innanet but cmom
She's right.
Dude a priviliged idiot.
Even if he not priviledged why the fukk would he even go there in the first place? Why would he even do that thinking it was sweet.
I applaud this woman.
fukk that dumb ass.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps

That's not the point. The professors point was that he thought he could go over into a totalitarian country, fukk around for a lil bit then come back home like aint shyt happened. Which as she said is a result of a white, privileged upbringing. You usually don't see black and latino folks in situations like this because for the most of us we brought up not to be fukking around in other people's countries. :manny:

Is it harsh words? Yeah. Is it something that probably didn't need to be said? Yeah. But at the same time expecting a different outcome was, indeed, stupid.

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
That's not the point. The professors point was that he thought he could go over into a totalitarian country, fukk around for a lil bit then come back home like aint shyt happened. Which as she said is a result of a white, privileged upbringing. You usually don't see black and latino folks in situations like this because for the most of us we brought up not to be fukking around in other people's countries. :manny:

Is it harsh words? Yeah. Is it something that probably didn't need to be said? Yeah. But at the same time expecting a different outcome was, indeed, stupid.

I disagree,it needed to be said....

TL15

Veteran
Daps

I think it's a deeper issue than just "believing random cacs deserve to be thrown in concentration camps"

NK is a communist country. You cannot fly there from the US... United States law abiding citizens have no business in North Korea

He decided that he wanted to essentially skirt his country's judgement and fly to a different country and then fly in

Strike 1

So now he is in North Korea... he should be respectful of North Korean law, or be subjected to North Korean punishment right? I mean if someone comes from Australia and gets caught speeding in Kansas, they pay the appropriate ticket. If that same person steals and is caught, they go to jail. It doesn't matter what the law states in Australia, it matters what the laws are in the US. Correct?

Well, one of the reasons the US doesn't allow citizens to go to NK is because they are a communist country, operating under communist laws.

So now, you break a law in a communist country, you face punishment under communist laws.

As far as "human decency" yeah it sucks. But part of being privileged - and rather, not understanding said privilege - is that you don't see how things are different for people who aren't you/your kind. NK starves it's own people. Why would they be lenient on a foreigner? There are other people who serve in hard labor camps in NK, why would the rules be different for Otto?

People like this deserve what happens to them, unfortunately. I have the money and curiosity to go to North Korea. I also have the forethought to know that it is NOT a good idea. I further have another barrier of reasoning to know that if I ever somehow stumbled into North Korea, I probably shouldn't upset anyone or break a law. Otto exercised incredibly bad judgment in a foreign communist country. He gets no personal sympathy from me :yeshrug:

Colin X

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Auburn
Uhh how did he deserve the untold treatment he got? Dude came back a vegetable

You do dumb shyt in another country, you get the punishment that country gives you :yeshrug:

If I went to Colombia and did some stupid shyt and the Cartel came after me it'd be understandable cause that's how that place gets down

Hejdå

Inactive
Daps
People have to understand North Korea is fukked up. Just going there to visit is risking your life, especially if you're an american because it's world renown that they don't fukk with the west. You always getting stories about them taking foreigners to camps just for snapping pictures that they weren't supposed to, so when a dumbass american kid goes there and breaks the law what exactly do you expect them to do? Treat him different? fukk no. They're gonna do the same shyt they been doing and fukk him up and the fault will always be on the people like him who break the rules. There's no defending him.