Who is closer to GOAT status? Mahomes to Brady or MJ to Lebron

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Jake Delhomme, Nick Foles, Jared Goff…not exactly elite and his team LOST to one of these.

Agree with @Remote about these GOAT threads cause if we’re going to be bombastic about who is and who isn’t, Jerry Rice >>> both of these guys

:mjlol:ARE YOU INSINUATING ELI MANNING
IS AN ELITE QB?

:devil:
:evil:

Wolfpac

Don't Turn Your Back....
Supporter
Daps
I like Mahomes a ton... but I just dont think he better than lets say Mike Vick outside the accomplishments. and yeah, accomplishments trump just talent.

but if I had to draft between the two today, Id choose Vick
full

fifth column

Superstar
Daps
This is a fact....

Nah we not allowing tthis.Because same way you can say this, did Michael and LeBron play in the NBA at the same time, did their teams ever play each other? When did they line up against each other?

Because Brady and Mahomes played in the same NFL for 6 years and Brady at an advanced age, won 2 Super Bowls, going thru Mahomes (2-0) for both. This never happened with Bron and Mike, they never played a day in the same NBA, and is part of the reason the Mike arguments are so flawed vs Bron...

But Mahomes did play in the same NFL as Brady and did so for awhile...

Irrelevant talking point. His first 15 years are where he made his name, most guys don't play beyond 15...
Mike is the standard so it’s Bron that has to make a compelling case
Bron is better than Mike, I'm not entertaining this. What I will say is at present Mike is closer to Bron because it's marginal, but maybe Mahomes passes Brady at some point....

Brady and Mahomes played together in the same NFL for 6 years. The question is more applicable to Kobe and Mike, who played in the same NBA for 4 years. Bron and Mike never played a day in the same NBA...
Lebron is “your goat” that’s it. MJ is the standard so it’s up to the next “MJ” to make a case vs him. Nobody looking for the next Bron breh

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
:yeshrug: He failed constantly and only won rings because he formed a superteam.
My position on the Jordan thing is clear and straight to the point: he's the only other guy with a legit case as GOAT...

But my analysis of GOAT has a large onus on what you do when everything isn't going your way. The years Mike won the title he had the best roster in basketball. He was supposed to win it all---->and he did so in dominant fashion...

But Mike had years he didn't have the best roster, or best GM, or best coach, or Scottie Pippen, and in those years he never, not even once, elevated his team to contention...

This matters and for the life of me I'll never understand why this is ignored for Mike, because it certainly isn't ignored for the modern superstar...

You're not the GOAT if you need the best everything to win titles. The best coach, the best GM, the best #2, the best roster, a historically weak era. This was the environment Mike won his rings in...

Imagine saying that a guy who led a Finals run at age 22/Y4 with role players and G-Leaguers;

a guy who again led a Finals run with role players and G-Leaguers at age 33/Y15;

a guy who won 3 chips in a 5 year stretch;

a guy who won 4 chips in a 9-year stretch;

a guy who won 4 MVPs in 5 years;

A guy who went to 8 straight NBA Finals in a row;

a guy who went to 9 Finals in 10 years;

a guy who went to 10 Finals in a 14-year stretch, same 14-year stretch playing in the conference finals 11 times;

A guy who took 5 different coaches to The Finals, won 3 of them rings;

A guy who won championships for 3 different franchises and won championships in both conferences;

A guy who is #1 in EVERY metric correlated to winning and dominance thru a 21 year career;

a guy who did all of this in a prime that overlapped with everyone from Duncan and Kobe and Shaq and Dirk and Garnett to Curry and Durant and Kawhi and Giannis and Jokic, somehow with ALL these big names having moments in a 21-year stretch this guy is still #1 in EVERYTHING we use to measure greatness......

Imagine calling a player with this resume a "failure" 🤣 🤣 🤣

You guys are nuts. The only 1-man dynasty in the history of pro basketball, who accomplished all this without a Phil Jackson, accomplished it with different variants of Scottie Pippen, accomplished this stiff without a Scottie Pippen, accomplished this stuff without the consistently greatest roster, accomplished this stuff in a stacked era, and then you add on he was a better peak defender than Mike, substantially greater passer than Mike, the greatest transition scorer in league history, his biggest performances are arguably greater than Mike's biggest performances, not a greater natural scorer than Mike and yet has a list of explosive scoring performances in the postseason that may be second to ONLY Mike...

Michael Jordan was not a better basketball player than the player I just described above...

Imagine calling anyone with the resume a listed above a "loser" or "forced" media creation...
Lmao real talk, you Lebron nut riders are crazy. Lebron failed and only won rings because of that heat run. Without that who is he? Better than Mike how? What has he done that’s better than Mike?

Mike is the standard so it’s Bron that has to make a compelling case

Lebron is “your goat” that’s it. MJ is the standard so it’s up to the next “MJ” to make a case vs him. Nobody looking for the next Bron breh
Mike is your standard. And sure, he's the standard to Bron and players of his age range, Bron was born in '84...

Mike isn't the standard to me and we have a list of current players from Giannis on down who quote Bron as their standard, and he's clearly the standard the current crop of stars are compared against. No one is looking for The "next" Bron but people are compared to him because he set the bar. That 90s Jordan run may as well have been what you Mike nikkas consider Russell's 60s Celtics run, far as I'm concerned. Mike wasn't doing that shyt in the 80s, when he was LeBron's current age he didn't look anything near as good as Bron looks now, I just have a list of basketball reasons against Mike as GOAT...

You nikkas have mythology. Congratulations...

fifth column

Superstar
Daps
My position on the Jordan thing is clear and straight to the point: he's the only other guy with a legit case as GOAT...

But my analysis of GOAT has a large onus on what you do when everything isn't going your way. The years Mike won the title he had the best roster in basketball. He was supposed to win it all---->and he did so in dominant fashion...

But Mike had years he didn't have the best roster, or best GM, or best coach, or Scottie Pippen, and in those years he never, not even once, elevated his team to contention...

This matters and for the life of me I'll never understand why this is ignored for Mike, because it certainly isn't ignored for the modern superstar...

You're not the GOAT if you need the best everything to win titles. The best coach, the best GM, the best #2, the best roster, a historically weak era. This was the environment Mike won his rings in...

Imagine saying that a guy who led a Finals run at age 22/Y4 with role players and G-Leaguers;

a guy who again led a Finals run with role players and G-Leaguers at age 33/Y15;

a guy who went to 10 Finals in a 14-year stretch, same 14-year stretch playing in the conference finals 11 times;

A guy who won championships for 3 different franchises and won championships in both conferences;

A guy who is #1 in EVERY metric correlated to winning and dominance thru a 21 year career;

a guy who did all of this in a prime that overlapped with everyone from Duncan and Kobe and Shaq and Dirk and Garnett to Curry and Durant and Kawhi and Giannis and Jokic, somehow with ALL these big names having moments in a 21-year stretch this guy is still #1 in EVERYTHING we use to measure greatness......

You guys are nuts. The only 1-man dynasty in the history of pro basketball, who accomplished all this without a Phil Jackson, accomplished it with different variants of Scottie Pippen, accomplished this stiff without a Scottie Pippen, accomplished this stuff without the consistently greatest roster, accomplished this stuff in a stacked era, and then you add on he was a better peak defender than Mike, substantially greater passer than Mike, the greatest transition scorer in league history, his biggest performances are arguably greater than Mike's biggest performances, not a greater natural scorer than Mike and yet has a list of explosive scoring performances in the postseason that may be second to ONLY Mike...

Michael Jordan was not a better basketball player than the player I just described above...

Imagine calling anyone with the resume a listed above a "loser" or "forced" media creation...

Mike is your standard. And sure, he's the standard to Bron and players of his age range, Bron was born in '84...

Mike isn't the standard to me and we have a list of current players from Giannis on down who quote Bron as their standard, and he's clearly the standard the current crop of stars are compared against. No one is looking for The "next" Bron but people are compared to him because he set the bar. That 90s Jordan run may as well have been what you Mike nikkas consider Russell's 60s Celtics run, far as I'm concerned. Mike wasn't doing that shyt in the 80s, when he was LeBron's current age he didn't look anything near as good as Bron looks now, I just have a list of basketball reasons against Mike as GOAT...

So if we switched Mike’s and Bron’s resumes then your are saying with your chest that Mike would be the goat with a 4-6 finals record, 4 fmvps, 4 MVPs forming super teams over Lebron with a perfect 6-0 finals, 6 fmvps, leading a dynasty with 2 3-peats, 5 MVPs in less time and only 1 other all star in Scottie Pippen?

It appears you didn’t just drink the kool aid, you drank the whole bowl

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
I like Mahomes a ton... but I just dont think he better than lets say Mike Vick outside the accomplishments. and yeah, accomplishments trump just talent.

:mjlol: I want this man arrested immediately.

Daps

You wrote a whole bunch of nothing. Mike won it the years he was suppose to win it so he ain’t goat? Lol wut? Your case makes no sense. Lebron has had a superteam every damn years minus 2007. What are you saying?

Roger king

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Somehow clowns turned this thread into anti lebron which was the motive behind it from the beginning, anyone who doesnt agree with their lebron hate or believe mahomes is even close to brady at this point is a stan. just pathetic and a so called clown as a mod is the one propping it up

10bandz

RIP to the GOAT
Supporter
Daps

Jesus Christ :snoop: