Who is closer to GOAT status? Mahomes to Brady or MJ to Lebron

HabitualChiller

Enjoying a Long Night of Solace✌
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere on an Xbox
LeBron is closer. He won't be the GOAT, but I firmly believe that Bron is better than MJ as a player. I think it's obvious, in fact.

I think Mahomes is a better quarterback than Brady was at the same age, but I can't call him the GOAT yet because he needs more hardware, i.e., MVPs, All-Pros, etc.

If he keeps up the pace, he'll be the GOAT by the time he's 33.

fifth column

Superstar
Daps
Unfortunately unlike NFL fans, NBA fans are not as generous and the media have pretty much made Jordan the undisputed definitive GOAT of the league and generally speaking basketball itself.

NFL fans are less bias so the fact that Mahomes is even in that GOAT conversation so early in his career without much of the accolades Brady has gotten says a lot about the mindset of NFL fans compared to NBA fans.

There is no player even if they had all the accolades, accomplishments and then some that they'll ever be able to surpass MJ because the fans won't accept it. You see how many talk low of Bill Russell's accomplishments and championships.

MJ is probably one of the few athletes in any sport to be forever locked and set in stone as GOAT of his (or her) respective league.
The media didn’t put MJ in his goat spot, his accomplishments/accolades/chips/influence did that. The media’s job is to prop up another “MJ”

fifth column

Superstar
Daps
LeBron is closer. He won't be the GOAT, but I firmly believe that Bron is better than MJ as a player. I think it's obvious, in fact.

I think Mahomes is a better quarterback than Brady was at the same age, but I can't call him the GOAT yet because he needs more hardware, i.e., MVPs, All-Pros, etc.

If he keeps up the pace, he'll be the GOAT by the time he's 33.
In what way is Lebron better than MJ?

Daps
Can't make that comparison.

Mahomes vs Brady = play the same position and are asked to do...essentially...the exact same thing. Mahomes needs more longevity but he's on the right path.

Bron vs MJ = hard to compare. Kobe, Wade, Drexler etc., get measured against Jordan. Bron is a point guard in a power forward body. His first instinct is to pass like Magic. He's a scorer because he's the best player but that's not who he is at heart. You can compare resumes but stylistically it's like trying to compare Gary Payton to AI.

The God Poster

LWO representa
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They gotta let it go. Mahomes should have years to make an argument

Bron Is done. Horrible comparison

Roger king

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
You cant lose to the same guy when he is 45 years old and your in your prime on the biggest stage and have half his championship rings and expect this to be a serious debate.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I will say this tho...

A part of the reason why a lot of people (including myself) are open to awarding Mahomes the GOAT title is that there are a lot of fans that just don't like Tom Brady the athlete and/or Tom Brady the person and some question the legitimacy of his career.

You know there are a lot of conspiracies and speculations about Brady's career as to why some fans can't or don't want to let go of their negative perceptions and assumptions of him...some people believe he and Belichick (who many don't like for similar reasons) cheated their way to a couple of those Super Bowl titles..deflategate and many other theories plus personality wise IDK some people are not fond of TB12. (or Belichick) for numerous reasons that I can't speak on cause, I don't know what they are.

See MJ is beloved by most fans, it's rare to hear anybody whether it's Bron stans, Kobe stans, or Curry stans, etc who don't love Michael Jordan to some extent. With MJ he was loved so much by fans that he was declared GOAT even before he retired and still to this day it's undebatable to call him anything other than GOAT...

Brady on the other hand is not as beloved by fans which is why his claim to NFL GOAT is being disputed not long after he retired when it seemed like it was set in stone.

Mahomes is reaching MJ status in the sense that he's becoming beloved and adored by fans which is why so many are willing to label him as THE (or soon-to-be) GOAT. He's likable whereas Brady has never been loved to that extent.

Sometimes being the GOAT isn't just centered on career stats, championships, winning, etc (no doubt it plays a big role) but also based on likability, personality, and the perception and connection you have within the minds of the fans. Brady despite his greatness I don't believe has ever reached that level in regards to the fans, which Mahomes has done so far.

I think plenty enough fans hate the shyt outtta Mahommes. But the difference is,you cant deny its a pleasure to watch him play:whew:. It was the same way with Jordan,even if you were rooting against him.

Brady was boring as hell to watch til he got to Tampa. So its basically the Mayweather effect,people are forced to watch you win and dominate with a boring style. Your not going to have as many fans outside of your team,and people who enjoy watching methodical quarterbacking. Lebrons highlight reel post getting swole is pretty lackluster as well.

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
Mahomes problem is that we saw old Brady Dominate while he was active in the league. That to me is a bigger problem/hurdle than being 0-2 in the playoffs against Tom.

Imagine if Old Jordan while Lebron was in his prime finished higher than him in mvp voting, all pro voting, and led him in several statistical categories like 2021 Brady/Mahomes.
This is a fact....
Mahomes doesnt line up against those people.
Nah we not allowing tthis.Because same way you can say this, did Michael and LeBron play in the NBA at the same time, did their teams ever play each other? When did they line up against each other?

Because Brady and Mahomes played in the same NFL for 6 years and Brady at an advanced age, won 2 Super Bowls, going thru Mahomes (2-0) for both. This never happened with Bron and Mike, they never played a day in the same NBA, and is part of the reason the Mike arguments are so flawed vs Bron...

But Mahomes did play in the same NFL as Brady and did so for awhile...
In the last decade Lebron has won 1 ring. And no individual accolades. what’s his goat case?
Irrelevant talking point. His first 15 years are where he made his name, most guys don't play beyond 15...