Who/What inspired YOU to begin your workout journey?

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
I was always in shape and athletic while growing up. When i got into my 20s, i started to gain some weight and didnt like what i saw at all.

I guess u can say motivation of not being an overweight out of shape man inspired me.

Daps
After years of being naturally skinny I packed on some in the midsection...Nothing crazy but enough to scare someone who was used to being slender

Seen JR Smith running around with no shirt after The Cavs won in 2016 but when I did it is was shameful. lol Found some YouTube links and turned demon after that

• Dap
Reactions: TTT

Waterproof

Warrior Lifestyle
Daps
I grew up when back in the days lifting weights and being swole was a thing in the black community, I'm talking about the late 70's to mid 80's, your father and uncle had weight sets and you seen them lifting weights in the yard, doing push ups and sit ups, running sprints, big ass dudes with Jherri Curl and Afro's, teaching us boxing and how to lift weights

My Uncle was the biggest dude I knew he was always in and out of prison, he was big like Tookie Williams, we used to run and jump on his arms my cousins and I, 3 of us hanging on each arm.

That's what got me lifting weights

And I still ain't caught him :mjcry:

The Coochie Assassin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
RD4L
I grew up when back in the days lifting weights and being swole was a thing in the black community, I'm talking about the late 70's to mid 80's, your father and uncle had weight sets and you seen them lifting weights in the yard, doing push ups and sit ups, running sprints, big ass dudes with Jherri Curl and Afro's, teaching us boxing and how to lift weights

My Uncle was the biggest dude I knew he was always in and out of prison, he was big like Tookie Williams, we used to run and jump on his arms my cousins and I, 3 of us hanging on each arm.

That's what got me lifting weights

And I still ain't caught him :mjcry:

Daps
Always been active.

I nearly got hit by a car at age 3 because I took off running from my parents in the church parking lot. My mom literally held my hand everywhere we went until I was in 6th grade. Nowadays it's about staying healthy after age 30. Weighed 226 lbs in October 2017. I'm down to 198 lbs today, with a final goal of 170 lbs. Wanna get back to wearing waist size 29 to 31. Tired of size 36.

-deleted-

Banned
Daps
I used to play a lot of Street Fighter/Tekken and was artistic. So I learned a lot about muscular anatomy. I've always been a little athletic and vain as well. Perfect storm

You should read the manga Tenjho Tenge. It is a fighting manga clearly inspired by both of those games and is stylishly artistic. The characters have dope athletic (and fly) designs.

TTT

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I was thin and only played soccer . Used to go to the gym but only for cardio or to only play soccer. I then stopped doing it after i got a new job and gained like 20 pounds without noticing mostly in the thighs, back and midsection. Only realized it when i was sitting and seeing sweat in that mid waist area that i am beginning to develop rolls. The hilarious part about it was going to buy clothes and picking out a 32 waist and then trying it on and never getting past the thighs:pachaha:.My diet was shytty which was kinda the main thing because i would work out on the treadmill and stairmaster and then just go out and eat bad. After i corrected the diet part it actually became easier to shed off pounds but my bench still has to recover.