Who/What inspired YOU to begin your workout journey?

TRY GOD

BOTH SIDES.
Daps
Reppin
GOD
An encounter with a white supremacist clansman just chilling around black people on a bus.

Tha Gawd Amen

Mamba Mentality
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang
Family history of health issues, a lot of it stemming from a poor diet due to the fact we could only afford cheap food to be cooked in bulk. When you're broke and tired from working all the time, you at least want to eat something that tastes good and my mom's fried pork chops and shyt like that were the truth. But seeing her have a heart attack at 45 made me realize that with the position I'm putting myself in life, I don't need to live like that anymore. Eat to live not live to eat and shyt. And I'm paying thousands of dollars for a bunch of amenities on this campus, might as well take advantage of the gym.

Iceson Beckford

Rich In Spirit.
Daps
Reppin
Dunya
Started today and I’m confused and overwhelmed.
I started because I want to apply to the Air Force and I’m underweight. I’m also kinda depressed and want to improve my lifestyle

My social circle go to the gym and I’m already skinner and shorter than them so don’t want to be the runt of the group :manny:

360dagod

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SAN ANTONIO SPURS NY DIVISION
I started because I want to apply to the Air Force and I’m underweight. I’m also kinda depressed and want to improve my lifestyle

My social circle go to the gym and I’m already skinner and shorter than them so don’t want to be the runt of the group :manny:

You gotta bulk up and work on compound lifts to build a base...

Chinups
Pull ups
Deadlifts
Squats
Bench press
Push ups

The 3 bodyweight exercises are easy to implement

The 3 barbell exercises require proper form and/or technique..

If you can find someone to show you or maybe watch a good YouTube video to get the basics, then do that..

Iceson Beckford

Rich In Spirit.
Daps
Reppin
Dunya
You gotta bulk up and work on compound lifts to build a base...

Chinups
Pull ups
Deadlifts
Squats
Bench press
Push ups

The 3 bodyweight exercises are easy to implement

The 3 barbell exercises require proper form and/or technique..

If you can find someone to show you or maybe watch a good YouTube video to get the basics, then do that..

Thanks breh.

It’s something that requires a lot of consistency and dedication but I’m fed up of that dead feeling you were talking about.

I’m trying to overcome my procrastination and depression and whilst I’ve fumbled, I havent given up.

360dagod

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SAN ANTONIO SPURS NY DIVISION
Thanks breh.

It’s something that requires a lot of consistency and dedication but I’m fed up of that dead feeling you were talking about.

I’m trying to overcome my procrastination and depression and whilst I’ve fumbled, I havent given up.

Start off slow and get some headphones...
Next thing you know you been in the gym for an hour...time goes by fast

-deleted-

Banned
Daps

I also suggest try going every day for one week. Just once. You won't become huge overnight but you'll build strength and the habit of going, which is incredibly important.

Iceson Beckford

Rich In Spirit.
Daps
Reppin
Dunya
I also suggest try going every day for one week. Just once. You won't become huge overnight but you'll build strength and the habit of going, which is incredibly important.

Ill try this next week

It’s 24/7 so no issue really.

I just need to improve my consistency and commitment to things.

Waterproof

Warrior Lifestyle
Daps
28bbkap.jpg

Capitol

Did this work
Daps
I was always a fan. Like i always respected and appreciated athletes and people in great shape but I was always just a fab and never did anything to better myself. So I guess I eventually just looked in the mirror decided they arent much different then me they just work out and pay attention to what they eat

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
I first started working out the winter after graduating college, senior year I got fat as hell from stress. Lost about 20 that summer by just eating better and was back to my normal weight, which was always thick but with a lot of muscle mass - my family all tend to have a lot of muscle, even when fat. But then I decided to workout just for the added health benefits, put together a 3 day split routine and did both spin and kickboxing twice a week, started in Jan and by July I was down 40 pounds...I was too skinny, I was a size 5/6/7 - I wasn't even this size in elementary lol, but outside of that, I just loved the lean muscle and definition.

Rinse and repeat with business school, second year got fat from stress and depression. This time it took a couple years after graduating for me to hit that point where I was like WTF are you doing, the past 2 years been back on it hard.

General (long term) health drives 50% of my motivation, the rest is vanity - attracting men, being able to buy cute clothes, getting compliments on my legs, not being the fat friend :laugh: :queen:

Last edited: