Who/What inspired YOU to begin your workout journey?

Waterproof

Warrior Lifestyle
Daps
Started today and I’m confused and overwhelmed.
I started because I want to apply to the Air Force and I’m underweight. I’m also kinda depressed and want to improve my lifestyle

My social circle go to the gym and I’m already skinner and shorter than them so don’t want to be the runt of the group :manny:
This is your journey, find yourself in the gym, find what inspires you and what you like, fukk what everybody else is doing, try different things, ask yourself why am I doing this, what I want to look like, what road I want to take to get there. Try different things.

I found out that fitness Muscle Fitness and Health outside dude wasn't me, I used to run 6 miles a day, hit the gym, hiked and shyt, then I started bodybuilding it was cool, but I like to be strong and a monster and I founded Power Lifting.

There's many roads into fitness and health find what suits your mind, body and spirit then go from there.

You took the first step, enjoy the journey, it's going to be hard painful, good days and bad days. You going to question yourself, you going want to quit, keep going and fighting you will see something great when it's all said and done

Peace and Good luck

Coli Bot

DM ME YOU WON
Daps
Reppin
BK
Not really sure. I had gone casually before but there was one day in particular when I was around 19 that I went with my friend and we did a chest day just for a laugh.

The next day few days I was in so much pain and my arms were all stiff.

I went from " I fukking hate this pain :what:" to ...."I mean it's not that bad :ehh:" to "I fukking love this pain :feedme:"

Been in love with the weights ever since :wow:

The odd compliments here and there only helped cement it as a staple in my life.

WesCrook

Veteran
Daps
Jan 2017:

I took a look at my stomach and it wasn't a pretty sight. So I decided to hit the gym Feb 1st (after most of the New Year's Resolution fatties cleared out), and go hard.

A year later, my energy level is high and I'm still adding new routines to my regimen.

It truly is a lifestyle change....that's only way you will see and MAINTAIN results.

Last edited:

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
When I first started back in 2014, I don't even know how I got started going to the gym. Guess it was a matter of just finally having access to one at my first apartment complex.

Last year, Pure Rage over some shyt that happened with a girl.

WaveCapsByOscorp™

2021 Grammy Award Winner
Daps
I had periods where I focused on my health but with limited times. In more recent times, the past 5+ years, it was because of reading a lot of eastern philosophy connected to health.

TNOT

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NOLA
I was tall skinny dude, but stayed active all my life so I never thought weights.

15 month prison sentence in Iraq changed all that.

I discovered creatine while there, ate often and fairly clean. I worked out at least 5 days a week.

I went from 187 to 215 during that time.

I haven't stopped since

Pedro Negro

Reefer & Sneakers
Daps
Reppin
New York fukkin' City
Not wanting to look like a fat, crusty old muthafukka.

Brehs, I'ma keep it a trillion right now.....

I'm 37 and have fallen into "Dad Bod" mode the past few years - thank you parenthood!

I'm 5'9, about 173lbs and never work out, eat like crap, barely sleep more than 6 hours a night and smoke a ton of weed.

I'm basically trying to clean up my diet, eat ALOT more fruits/nuts/veggies, avoid junk food at all costs (my biggest challenge due to said weed intake) and develop some sort of exercise routine 4-5 days a week, even if it's some 15 minute high intensity type shyt.

Been at it for 2 weeks and doing surprisingly good.

My metabolism was always super fast and I've always been naturally pretty athletic so I was always able to fall back on that, but shyt catches up to you once you get older brehs.

GoPro

EscoBeard Season Has Returned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#CertLife #ITGang
Every time a new super hero movie comes out and these fukkers take their shirt off, I go into beast mode, no homo

Last one of course was BP. :mjcry: