Why are we able to tell we’re speaking with a black person on the phone?

Wig Twistin Season

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
My unscientific opinion? We have wider tongues, bigger mouths and wider noses which all cause deeper, longer vibrations and sound waves.

Premeditated

MANDE KANG
Daps
Reppin
IMMIGRANT TETHERS
This is nonsense. I've met Asians that sound black. They exist everywhere in the south.

Similarly, I have met black men and women (ironically also in the south) who sound indeciferably white. One had a white redneck accent while the other was raised by whites and she sounded like a valley girl (despite being from Kentucky)

While in London, I encountered pakistanis who sound exactly like black londoners .

Anybody of any ethnicity can sound like anybody else, based on whatever culture they choose to partake in. Especially if they do so early in life. Black people obviously partake in black culture and will sound black, but those black people who do not partake, will sound nothing like black people. Folks of nonblack ethnicities can sound like us too, but very few of them embed themselves in our culture , relative to how much they embed themselves into white ones.
Post examples. Because I ve never been fool by an black talking non black.

King

The black man is always targeted.
Daps
The only melanated person who wasn't in uncanny valley territory was this Nigerian chick I talked to one time

I have a great ear for it and there was absolutely nothing about her voice that was in any way black