Why Aren't Older African-Americans In The South "MORE OPEN" To Different Religions?

SirReginald

The African Diaspora Will Be "ONE" (#PanAfricana)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
I've always wondered this :patrice:

There was this old neighbor (from NY) that I used to live by as a kid.. I went to visit her after I graduated with my moms. My mother told our former neighbor that "Joe" is looking into Buddhism. The neighbor says, "You should come back to Jesus before you o to hell".

Now, she was one of those Black Pentecostals :huhldup: I've always wondered why older AA's in the South aren't more open to different religions in our diaspora. They are somewhat tolerant of Islam and the NOI. However, the NOI wasn't poppin in the South like that until the 80's when Farrakhan was outspoken during Jessie Jackson's first attempt campaigning for President. That was a North and Midwest thing back in the 60's.

Point is, none of us know if there's a G-d/higher power. It's all superstition at this point.

Hell, it was one Black brotha who thought Voodoo was evil even though the Haitians defeated the French using Voodoo spirits.

Being Black should LITERALLY be a religion in itself. Because we're a reflection of the sun. That's how our melanin glows :obama:

I respect my older AA's and their fight during the Civil Rights era. However, I think most older AA's are still ignorant when it comes to their history. Faith is just that having faith. It isn't backed by scientific facts.

FlyGuy

pimp of the year
Daps
Reppin
tropicana
I've always wondered this :patrice:

There was this old neighbor (from NY) that I used to live by as a kid.. I went to visit her after I graduated with my moms. My mother told our former neighbor that "Joe" is looking into Buddhism. The neighbor says, "You should come back to Jesus before you o to hell".

Now, she was one of those Black Pentecostals :huhldup: I've always wondered why older AA's in the South aren't more open to different religions in our diaspora. They are somewhat tolerant of Islam and the NOI. However, the NOI wasn't poppin in the South like that until the 80's when Farrakhan was outspoken during Jessie Jackson's first attempt campaigning for President. That was a North and Midwest thing back in the 60's.

Point is, none of us know if there's a G-d/higher power. It's all superstition at this point.

Hell, it was one Black brotha who thought Voodoo was evil even though the Haitians defeated the French using Voodoo spirits.

Being Black should LITERALLY be a religion in itself. Because we're a reflection of the sun. That's how our melanin glows :obama:

I respect my older AA's and their fight during the Civil Rights era. However, I think most older AA's are still ignorant when it comes to their history. Faith is just that having faith. It isn't backed by scientific facts.

Unfortunately in this country, Jesus, not even the Father God, but the son and savior and redeemer figure in Jesus, is the one who has a pigeon hold on goodness/spiritually/morality etc.

SirReginald

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
Unfortunately in this country, Jesus, not even the Father God, but the son and savior and redeemer figure in Jesus, is the one who has a pigeon hold on goodness/spiritually/morality etc.
Which those same cacs have made Eurocentric. Crazy that they associate Jesus with Capitalism. Even though he was the antithesis of that because he was broke and poor himself. No diss, but the Holy Trinity has never made sense to me. Especially, when G-d says, "don't worship anyone before me".

SirReginald

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
because southern blacks have been more severely beat in the heat with Whiteys religion. all of my southern friends are die hard religious and i cant stand talking to them sometimes
EXACTLY. Especially, when Protestantism/Baptism was beaten into them. It's one of the reasons why I hate living in the South. Hell, you can't find other free-thinking Agnostic Blacks down in VA.

Prince Mongo

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Ashlar Hall, Memphis
Because Christianity is more or less of a social obligation in the South. In the "Bible Belt", church is a social gathering before anything else. They don't even abide by the guidelines of their own religion. They just call themselves Christian to fit in, socialize/gossip with the neighborhood, and keep up an appearance

SirReginald

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
Old people in general aren't open to new shyt, it's not cause they're Black and it's not cause they're in the South.
Older Blacks or AA's in the North are more liberal when it comes to different religions. I know because I've spent time up North and have close fam in the North. Trust me, this shyt is mainly in the South. I know you from Brazil, but in the U.S. it's weird.

SirReginald

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
are older people of any race in any other region of the country any less open to different religions than the demographic you pigeonholed in the title?
I'm speaking on my people. I don't care what others do right now. Especially, when some of my people take up CAC antics and behaviors. Before WS, Blacks (generalized term) had different religions and lived/broke bread together in peace.