Why Aren't Older African-Americans In The South "MORE OPEN" To Different Religions?

Yehuda

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Older Blacks or AA's in the North are more liberal when it comes to different religions. I know because I've spent time up North and have close fam in the North. Trust me, this shyt is mainly in the South. I know you from Brazil, but in the U.S. it's weird.

Ok

SirReginald

The African Diaspora Will Be "ONE" (#PanAfricana)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
A bunch of older black folks converted to Islam in the 60s and 70s all over the country including the south
Late 60's and 70's. Mostly those younger Blacks in the South that got on the Black Power steez. I'm talking about your regular AA. Still by that time it was a vocal minority until Farrakhan came and crushed the buildings. NOI back in the late 50's and early to mid 60's was mainly a midwest (Chitown) and North thing. I can't speak on D.C., but Virginia was still with the old school Black church thing.

BaldingSoHard

Veteran
Daps
Because the whole point of religion is not to be open to other religions.

Not sure what this has to do with being black.

Primetime21

This my city
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lemongrass, cherries, alkaline water
I'm speaking on my people. I don't care what others do right now. Especially, when some of my people take up CAC antics and behaviors. Before WS, Blacks (generalized term) had different religions and lived/broke bread together in peace.
You sound smart to somebody dumb. You don't even have any real world exposure to other Blacks in the country besides your "close fam" up north.

BmoreGorilla

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Man, woman, and child
Late 60's and 70's. Mostly those younger Blacks in the South that got on the Black Power steez. I'm talking about your regular AA. Still by that time it was a vocal minority until Farrakhan came and crushed the buildings. NOI back in the late 50's and early to mid 60's was mainly a midwest (Chitown) and North thing. I can't speak on D.C., but Virginia was still with the old school Black church thing.
Yea but those younger black folks then are the older black folks you speak of now
:heh:

You got Muslims all over the south but your right most of them are in the NE

SirReginald

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
Yea but those younger black folks then are the older black folks you speak of now
:heh:

You got Muslims all over the south but your right most of them are in the NE
True point. However, a large chunk of those Blacks went back to the status quo way of life. You know, the ones who only say they Black and Proud when it's convenient. I respect my Black Muslim brehs who hold it down and my Somali friends.

SirReginald

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
You sound smart to somebody dumb. You don't even have any real world exposure to other Blacks in the country besides your "close fam" up north.
I've been to Alabama, South Carolina, Maryland, D.C., Florida, North Carolina, Massachusetts, Kentucky. So, I have real world exposure because I used to travel a lot as a teenager.

southern.girl

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Starkset
Perhaps they've had their own personal encounter with Christ & will not accept your babble over their own experiences.

Perhaps they realize that African history has been distorted & upon further research, realized that there were always Africans that believed in one true God. For example, sun worship was distorted to reflect a "mini God" but Africans were just showing reference to the Creator's creation.

Perhaps they realized that the Bible takes place in Africa, prior to many migrations & b/c of the site of the biblical stories AND the description of Christ himself, they understand that Jesus was either African or something close to it.

No need to quote me - as I won't be responding to foolish, antagonizing or cynical posts. I know what I know. I've experienced what I've experienced.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
I've always wondered this :patrice:

There was this old neighbor (from NY) that I used to live by as a kid.. I went to visit her after I graduated with my moms. My mother told our former neighbor that "Joe" is looking into Buddhism. The neighbor says, "You should come back to Jesus before you o to hell".

Now, she was one of those Black Pentecostals :huhldup: I've always wondered why older AA's in the South aren't more open to different religions in our diaspora. They are somewhat tolerant of Islam and the NOI. However, the NOI wasn't poppin in the South like that until the 80's when Farrakhan was outspoken during Jessie Jackson's first attempt campaigning for President. That was a North and Midwest thing back in the 60's.

Point is, none of us know if there's a G-d/higher power. It's all superstition at this point.

Hell, it was one Black brotha who thought Voodoo was evil even though the Haitians defeated the French using Voodoo spirits.

Being Black should LITERALLY be a religion in itself. Because we're a reflection of the sun. That's how our melanin glows :obama:

I respect my older AA's and their fight during the Civil Rights era. However, I think most older AA's are still ignorant when it comes to their history. Faith is just that having faith. It isn't backed by scientific facts.

White Supremacy isn't perpetuated by just white people. :sas2:

FlimFlam

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Why do "black" people come to a non black website to gain intel on.............themselves?:ohhh::ohhh:

Daps
Reppin
Golden Era/Drama free Zone
Only came in here to say Buddhism isn't a religion (more so a philosophy) and it's probably the most practical thing humans could follow. Black people in general could benefit from it, would lower stress levels thus improving health and reducing high blood pressure and stroke.

Plus it lacks alot of the historical lies found in all 3 Abrahamic religions and doesn't really have much of a conflict with science

SirReginald

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
Perhaps they've had their own personal encounter with Christ & will not accept your babble over their own experiences.

Perhaps they realize that African history has been distorted & upon further research, realized that there were always Africans that believed in one true God. For example, sun worship was distorted to reflect a "mini God" but Africans were just showing reference to the Creator's creation.

Perhaps they realized that the Bible takes place in Africa, prior to many migrations & b/c of the site of the biblical stories AND the description of Christ himself, they understand that Jesus was either African or something close to it.

No need to quote me - as I won't be responding to foolish, antagonizing or cynical posts. I know what I know. I've experienced what I've experienced.
With all due respect, I have over 500 books downloaded on Black history that touches on Religion (I'm Agnostic-Theist) myself, but some issues have to be touched on. This doesn't even include the 100 books I downloaded/found myself. I don't doubt that the Bible took place in Africa because at one point the Middle East was Africa/part of Africa. However, as time went on the Bible has been mistranslated and altered.