Why Aren't Older African-Americans In The South "MORE OPEN" To Different Religions?

SirReginald

The African Diaspora Will Be "ONE" (#PanAfricana)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
If they found happiness in Christianity, why would they change?
Most of it is with them copping or won't face how the world is really ran. I'm not against spirituality, but teaching our kids lies and how not to be tolerant isn't the way to go.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
EXACTLY. Especially, when Protestantism/Baptism was beaten into them. It's one of the reasons why I hate living in the South. Hell, you can't find other free-thinking Agnostic Blacks down in VA.
i dont even live in the south and its exausting talking to negros who go on and on about "god" and it takes alot not to go off on they ass.

Jemmy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
A bunch of older black folks converted to Islam in the 60s and 70s all over the country including the south

Some of them were already Muslim too before NOI they just hid under the “Black Church” tag. It’s not even really a Christian thing it’s a Black Church thing. That’s why NOI really get free reign to speak at any Black Church with no problem regardless of their religion.

Jemmy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Regardless of how Black Americans in this country got into Christianity it has been almost formed into its own denomination. Their version of church and the white mans are two completely different things yet y’all act as if the Black Church is stuck on the white man all the time. It’s two different experiences and ways of doing things in their churches. The services aren’t even similar and anyone can see this. Neither is the music. Y’all so quick to give the white man beatings credit for everything shyt is weird.

Theres some Black American Churches who can trace their pastors and history for over 200 years. Why would they just drop that and be open to whatever someone else got going on ? There’s Black Churches that have been ripping up and destroying the picture of White Jesus all over the place. The Black Church is its own thing.

There are some states in the South that do the Voodoo stuff but that’s nothing to really talk about. There’s certain areas you can go to if you’re into that.

im_sleep

Superstar
Daps
Most major non-Christian religious movements in Black America were started and initially supported by Southerners.
:heh:

If you think Southern Black folks are stubborn and backwards just say so and move north.

SirReginald

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
Regardless of how Black Americans in this country got into Christianity it has been almost formed into its own denomination. Their version of church and the white mans are two completely different things yet y’all act as if the Black Church is stuck on the white man all the time. It’s two different experiences and ways of doing things in their churches. The services aren’t even similar and anyone can see this. Neither is the music. Y’all so quick to give the white man beatings credit for everything shyt is weird.

Theres some Black American Churches who can trace their pastors and history for over 200 years. Why would they just drop that and be open to whatever someone else got going on ? There’s Black Churches that have been ripping up and destroying the picture of White Jesus all over the place. The Black Church is its own thing.

There are some states in the South that do the Voodoo stuff but that’s nothing to really talk about. There’s certain areas you can go to if you’re into that.
The Black Baptist church in the South is connected to Whites/WS. Trust me breh, these people want their biscuits buttered and they help create division between our African brothers who serve under other religions. Only recent did the NOI and some of these Black churches link up. I'm speaking on the regular Baptist church.

:-)

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Uhhh, they're the reason why people know about IFA and the old conjuring ways, breh. Why don't you interact with some old folks and start asking questions?

Hun I don't know because the black christians I know talk down on ifa/yoruba, conjuring, roots you name it. If anything I have to keep my spiritual beliefs to myself around black christians because they're the ones who get up in arms the most. Only a handful of folks know I talk to the orishas but that's because they're spiritual like me. I would never tell that to a black christian I'd get holy oil/water thrown on me.

:picard:

SirReginald

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
Hun I don't know because the black christians I know talk down on ifa/yoruba, conjuring, roots you name it. If anything I have to keep my spiritual beliefs to myself around black christians because they're the ones who get up in arms the most. Only a handful of folks know I talk to the orishas but that's because they're spiritual like me. I would never tell that to a black christian I'd get holy oil/water thrown on me.

:picard:
EXACTLY.

SirReginald

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
P.S. this is why we need to educate AA's more about different religions in the diaspora. Especially, the older AA's who went back to the status-quo way of living.

Jemmy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The Black Baptist church in the South is connected to Whites/WS. Trust me breh, these people want their biscuits buttered and they help create division between our African brothers who serve under other religions. Only recent did the NOI and some of these Black churches link up. I'm speaking on the regular Baptist church.

There are still a lot of them that do their part and they outnumber the agents cause they call them out too. Not trying to point the finger but some people within the NOI was the ones going at the churches who wanted to link with them. Farrakhan started to change that though cause a lot of people have respect for the NOI.