Why City of God is superior to Godfather and Goodfellas.

Jasonmask

Superstar
Daps
COG just has a more realist aspect to it compared to Goodfellas even though they’re both based on true stories. The cinematography is better. That’s how it really be in the hood the ogs go down and the Lil nikkas run the street and all hell breaks loose that’s going on right now. That mafioso shyt a joke at this point ain’t no Italians deep like that compared to isis or cartels.

COG one of my favorite films, I don’t have a favorite movie but that’s up there.

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
COG was amazing

The cinematography was top notch. It’s a 10/10 to me, but...

Goodfellas man that’s my childhood. My 8 year old self could not turn away. shyt had me glued. Both classics

But I got rock with Goodfellas with this one

Asicz

Presume the unpredictable
Daps
I literally would not feel comfortable associating with a person who thinks COG is better than Goodfellas.

Daps
Just because you can't sympathize or relate to grown ass men (outside of your race), doesn't mean that they're inferior films. Nevermind the fact that they couldn't just "easily assimilate" into society (do your Googles and you'll see this country's steep historical antipathy towards Catholicism and Italians/Sicilians), nor does it really have any bearing on the merits of a film - especially fictional pieces.

City of God is one of my all-time favorite films, but it's not even on the same level as The Godfather.