Why Do Different Religions Beef With Each Other? (They All Have A Similar Message)

SirReginald

The African Diaspora Will Be "ONE" (#PanAfricana)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
Let's keep it funky, most of these religions have a message where treat others as you would want to be treated. Donate and abstain from sexual misconduct :jawalrus: So, what's the point of "men" in these different religions condemning people because they believe different? Like Eddie Griffin said, "Don't they have the same message and lead to the same path?". As a 23 year old, I've been around the block more than a few times. At this point all of these good religions have some truth in them.

SirReginald

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
Denominations within the same religion beef within their own church. Beefing with other religions should be expected
It actually creates division. The whole point of spirituality/faith/or religion is trying to find your inner self and g-d.

Johnny Kilroy

79 points in 1 quarter
Daps
Reppin
the midrange
Lack of understanding.

Knowledge, wisdom, understanding. A lot of people follow religion at that base level: knowledge. They have little wisdom and no understanding.

Religion is simply a physical tool that should lead one to spirituality. Make no mistake, religion is physical. It's praying, it's fasting, it's giving charity, its congregating. These are all physical things. But why do them? They are supposed to help one attain wisdom and understanding. But as people we cling to this physical world. So many reminders. 5 senses, all pertaining to the physical. All distracting us from other realms.

That's why they beef. "You don't PRAY like me. Your RITUALS are different than mine."

2 maps, same destination. People are hue about which way to go. True understanding, or better yet, OVERSTANDING, comes from realizing we are all creations of the Most High. If you're beefing with another man because he fellowships on a different day than you, then you have yet to grasp what religion is all about.

New Username

Staff Member
Supporter
Daps
It's human beef not religious beef

Humans will beg with everything and everything they find different than what they are or what they believe in

Rhapture

♊Dogset Emperor and Sociopathic Socialite ♊
Supporter
Daps
It actually creates division. The whole point of spirituality/faith/or religion is trying to find your inner self and g-d.
Well I can only speak from a Christian perspective......Christianity is cool until Christians get involved. There was division among the 12 disciples

SirReginald

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
They wanna be the only group scamming people out of their money. And the only group controlling the masses. Money and Power.
Sad, but true. I consider those pseudo-religions. Also, I ask this question because I'm in a transition period. I'm starting to believe there's someone out there (G-d).

SirReginald

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
Well I can only speak from a Christian perspective......Christianity is cool until Christians get involved. There was division among the 12 disciples
True. In my opinion, besides Judaism I think Orthodox Christianity (Coptic & Ethiopian is cool). I love the dietary laws.

SirReginald

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
Lack of understanding.

Knowledge, wisdom, understanding. A lot of people follow religion at that base level: knowledge. They have little wisdom and no understanding.

Religion is simply a physical tool that should lead one to spirituality. Make no mistake, religion is physical. It's praying, it's fasting, it's giving charity, its congregating. These are all physical things. But why do them? They are supposed to help one attain wisdom and understanding. But as people we cling to this physical world. So many reminders. 5 senses, all pertaining to the physical. All distracting us from other realms.

That's why they beef. "You don't PRAY like me. Your RITUALS are different than mine."

2 maps, same destination. People are hue about which way to go. True understanding, or better yet, OVERSTANDING, comes from realizing we are all creations of the Most High. If you're beefing with another man because he fellowships on a different day than you, then you have yet to grasp what religion is all about.
AGREED

Daps
Reppin
Eastside of that Motor
Because all organized religions had an end game (heaven, hell, virgins, only 120,000 live eternal life etc) no one wants to be wrong or at least admit it

That's why I always advise people to study Buddhism or even Hinduism. They are literally just teachings on how to live a good and meaningful life, not misleadings on how to get 'salvation'

SirReginald

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
Also, this had me thinking.
This Firebrand African Leader Has A Surprising Message: ‘I Am A Jew’
Sam KestenbaumJune 5, 2017Getty Images

After spending year and a half imprisoned by the Nigerian government, the populist leader was finally free and surrounded by his supporters. He wore a long gown with a prayer shawl draped over his shoulders. Raising his hands, he greeted the crowd with one Hebrew word: “Shalom.”

Is one of Nigeria’s most famous political activists a Jew?

It’s complicated. He says so, at least.

Nnamdi Kanu, leader of the group Indigenous People of Biafra, calls himself a Jew who “believes in Judaism.” He urges his followers to obey the Ten Commandments and to pray to Yahweh, a Hebrew rendition of God’s name. He appears to be affiliated with a Hebrew-styled, Jesus Christ-oriented congregation in southeast Nigeria.

gettyimages-688684352-1496432790.jpg

Getty Images

Nnamdi Kanu

Kanu is the charismatic leader of a group calling for an independent state called Biafra, in the south of the country — in what would be a sovereign nation for the Igbo, one of the country’s largest ethnic groups.

“I was born to restore Biafra,” he said to a cheering crowd in late May. “I say Biafra or death.”

Last month marked 50 years since the brutal Biafran Civil War ravaged southern Nigeria. More than 1 million of the Igbo died in a failed bid for independence. Tensions are simmering again as Kanu and his group are once more calling for independence — and Kanu’s embrace of Judaism is now part of his platform.

In calling himself a Jew, Kanu is not alone among the Igbo. While most of the 34 million Igbo are Christian, there is a widespread belief among the Igbo that they are the genealogical descendants of the biblical Israelites. Most are staunch supporters of the State of Israel — and see in Zionism a model for their own national movement. In more recent decades, Igbo have been adopting Jewish rituals and belief into church services. Some have also formally converted.

Now, Kanu, the most high-profile figure in what is potentially an explosive political movement, is proclaiming himself a Jew.

“He is the most popular Igbo man today,” said Remy Ilona, a Nigerian lawyer and the author of the 2014 book “The Igbos and Israel.” “And now he is returning to or adopting Judaism.”

gettyimages-688932496-1496353774.jpg

Getty Images

Members of the IPOB and of the Yahweh Yahshua Synagogue celebrate Shabbat outside the house of the movement’s leader Nnamdi Kanu on May 27, 2017.

Who exactly is Kanu? He has received a flurry of international press in recent days, but few have noted the deeply spiritual element of his leadership.

He was born and raised in Nigeria’s southeast, but only while living in Britain did he come to prominence as a nationalist leader. In 2009 he started Radio Biafra, a London station that called for an independent state for the Igbo people.

In some of his broadcasts, he seemed to urge Biafrans to take up arms against the Nigerian state. “We need guns and we need bullets,” he said in one such address, the BBC reported.

While IPOB maintains that this “was a metaphor,” it was comments like this that led to Kanu’s government detention.

In October 2015, after arriving in Nigeria for a visit, he was arrested in a Lagos hotel and charged with “criminal conspiracy, intimidation and membership [in] an illegal organization.”

Detained for months by the Nigerian government, his celebrity only grew.

And local papers began noting an interesting development: People dressed in all white, wearing Jewish prayer shawls, began coming out to support Kanu.

These “strange men” said they were “Jews from the South-East region of Nigeria,” the website Naij.com wrote. “The men… prayed for him outside the court premises.”

Then Kanu himself began dressing like these “strange men.” “Nnamdi Kanu seems to be having a swell time behind bars as he glows in a magnificent Jewish cloth,” the Nigerian website Tori.ng wrote.

Other observers were skeptical of Kanu’s transformation.

“It is not clear if Kanu has converted to Judaism while in detention since October 2015,” one writer posted on the website Naijiant.com. “Kanu’s choice of clothing may be an attempt to secure Jewish or Israeli support for his cause. But it is not quite clear if this would work.”

This spring, after a year and a half of detention, Kanu and the court finally came to a bail agreement. Noting Kanu’s religious affiliation, the judge requested that Kanu present at his bail hearing a “highly respected and recognized Jewish leader.”

And one showed up.

On April 29, Vanguard ran a front-page story about how a “Jewish chief high priest,” named Immanuel-El Shalom Oka-Ben appeared in court, helping to secure Kanu’s release. “By Yahweh’s grace I believe he will be released as soon as possible because nothing is more than our creator in heaven,” the priest told the reporter.

Finally out of imprisonment, Kanu traveled the country. Photos of Kanu, now widely seen as an almost Messiah-like hero for the Igbo, circulated widely online. He always wore a prayer shawl or a head covering.

At the end of last month he hosted a large Shabbat service outside his family’s compound, alongside a large congregation called the Yahweh Yahshua Synagogue. “Yahshua” is a Hebrew rendering of Jesus. A video of the service was streamed online, picturing throngs clad in prayer shawls.

Kanu addressed the crowd and made it clear that his mission was both political and spiritual.

“If you obey the Ten Commandments of our Lord and our God,” Kanu said. “Biafra will come.”

Read more: This Firebrand African Leader Has A Surprising Message: ‘I Am A Jew’