Why do indians own so much damn business? We need to take notes

1thouwow

Poster of the Year
Daps
Brehs a indian owns the home I'm living in. And another indian owned my old home. And before that an asian.

I just wonder why African American don't own as much as they should.

To me this the biggest problem that nobody talks about. I myself have been thinking about going into stocks and starting business for my people.
nikka u talkin about us owning shyt but u lived in 3 different houses and aint own not one of them
raydisgusted.png
6HkE6VI.png

flo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
For real this is crazy. I know a lot indian homies and by far the majority of their parents own some type of businesss, did stocks and rest are doctors. Tonight I just found out one of my indian dudes dad owns subways, can am pizzas, mcdonalds, and a damn sports bar...

This indian excellence got me puzzled. These are 1st generation immigrants just excelling in this money shyt. What I want to understand is how this came to be? Why haven't U.S Black people (not from Africa) done something similar?

We should be owning way more business than these people but we don't. Why is that?

http://www.ebony.com/black-history/the-destruction-of-black-wall-street-405

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tulsa_race_riot

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
These south asians are ambitious as shyt. There are a gang of them investing all over Africa as well. My dad (who lives in Nigeria) told me that a bunch of malaysians and singaporians are opening huge hotels and dorms all over the country.

I'm doing my part, but blacks have to wake up, pool their money, and invest internationally if there is any hope of creating real, everlasting wealth in the black community.

zerozero

Superstar
Daps
Indians also often run businesses like family affairs... if the small business does well, you start bringing family members into the fold to have a stake in it

The Amerikkkan Idol

The Amerikkkan Nightmare
Daps
Look, if the best of ours say Obama, Ben Carson, Robert Johnson, etc. . . all had to leave Amerikkka to find opportunities, then we'd be taking over somebody else's country too.

You'd be seein' nikkaz like "Damn, Black folks always owning businesses or doing something".

Just think about it. If the "culture" of those countries are so damned great, then what the hell are they coming here for?

And don't say it's the government because people get the government they deserve.

We only see the best of them, whereas we see the good, the bad, and the ugly of each other, which is why Blacks, Hispanics, and Native Americans don't have "model minority" status.

There's too many of us in too many different walks of life for them to idealize us, but they can idealize a few Indians, Nigerians, Arabs, etc. . . because they're not a threat to the status quo as a whole. There's too few of them to make a difference culturally and politically. All they can do is play the game the way the the White man wants them to play it, and for that, they're rewarded with that "model minority" status.

You see how Donald Sterling HATED Blacks and Latinos, but LOVED Koreans and other Asian ethnic groups. Why? Because they're not a threat. The Koreans he meets aer there to placate him and appeal to his sensibilities, because they know that they're foreigners in his country and have to play by his rules.

But who was he scared of? BLACKS. That's why he didn't want his triflin' ass girlfriend around Matt Kemp and Magic Johnson and other big, strong, Black men. We're a threat to people like him. We can change shyt with a speech like MLK, Malcolm, Frederick Douglass, etc. . .And we've proven physical dominance over White folks for so long that people forget that at one point just 50 or 60 years ago, people thought Black people didn't have the capabilities to be great athletes either.

But the minute a minority poses a threat to White folks due to sheer numbers or culture, like the Irish used to be or the Italians or now the Mexicans who cross the boarder, all that "model minority" shyt goes out the window.

To me, Tim Wise and Malcolm Gladwell both tackled this "model minority" shyt WAYYYYY better than I ever could. Look them up.