Why do indians own so much damn business? We need to take notes

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
I know an arab family who give their businesses to their sons and employ their family members in the businesses as well.

The family (extended family as well) owns gas stations, furniture stores and food places where they employ their younger relatives and have the older relatives owning and managing the stores.

Its basically gotten so profitable that the whole family is sharing the business wealth among each other.

We need to become like that especially these days where a black man with a business isnt as popular as it used to be.

DrX

Coming For The Crown (Japanese Dreaming)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
education

good cultural values

group economics

they buy from their own

not materlistic

Nomad1

Tupac KONY and GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
nikkas don't work collectively so we will never own businesses in our own communities with this mentality.

wheywhey

Pro
Daps
Brehs a indian owns the home I'm living in. And another indian owned my old home. And before that an asian.

I just wonder why African American don't own as much as they should.

To me this the biggest problem that nobody talks about. I myself have been thinking about going into stocks and starting business for my people.

This phenomenon has been discussed a lot. Legal immigrants have to have initiative, skills, and sometimes money in order to immigrate. Black slaves were just random people kidnapped without regards to their education level or experience in business.

Just because there are blacks in this country doesn't mean we should own more. Very few of us can delay gratification, save money, or see the benefit of waiting to have children. This mindset doesn't translate to successful business owner. Most black women are single. Single women of color have a median net worth (wealth) of $5. While it is possible to start a business with $5 (shoveling snow, babysitting, cleaning houses), that tiny net worth does not bode well for future success.

I worked lots of overtime, lived cheap, and became debt-free. I read personal finance books from the library and invested in mutual funds. How many people did I convince to do the same? Zero.

EDIT: The $5 net worth is for single women of color ages 36-49. Prime working years.

Last edited:

Slangtonomo

Dz Ali OG...Pay me like you owe me!
Daps
Reppin
Duval Florida
We were severely damaged in slavery. Recovered a little and had Rosewood, black wall street, etc. Finally cac's decided to break our homes and remove the men from our families.

We're beginning to recover from this sabotage. The cac's are brainstorming now there next step against us.

Donald J Trump

H.N.I.C
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
USA
There's no real money to be made in the franchisee fast food business. More than 50% of the profit goes to the franchiser and you have to pay taxes. OP has no business mindset. The local hood wing spot makes more money than the businesses you listed.

/thread
Very wrong my good sir... Maybe for chick fil a bit this statement isnt true

wheywhey

Pro
Daps
I think a huge part of it is unity.

African Americans unity is weak or loose I think. When you go into a middle eastern owned restaurant their people support them. Same thing with Nigerian, East African business.

But African Americans I don't see that really. Even business catered for Blacks like weave industry is asian owned.

It's disappointing brehs. We need businesses

Unity/networking is a value like religion. Most blacks don't share your value and it's insulting to them that you think they need to change. Never-wed mothers don't see any problem with having children and arguing with them is a waste of time. It doesn't change behavior. Network with people who share your values.

Here is an excellent video on why African Americans don't network, different reasons than what I mentioned:

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
Waste of time , teach urself, stock broker will take ur money

Yep read the financial pages,keep up to date with the stocks and tech movements....get advice from where you can,but most of these brokers are just out to rip you off if they dont know you...

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Because we don't have any unity :manny:.

Majority of black youths would rather put name brand clothing over education and financial stability.
Their kids are going to have a similar mindset, it's a vicious cycle.

Pretty much this. If you own an establishment, a lot of black people will expect something in return for simply being a patron.......real talk