Why do Marvel movies look kind of Ugly? (Video Essay)

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
That dry color palette was probably the doing of that cheap mothafukka that used to be the head of marvel studios movie division
I know people want to blame everything bad on Ike because if they didn't that would mean admitting fault on current marvel but I doubt this very much.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
That dry color palette was probably the doing of that cheap mothafukka that used to be the head of marvel studios movie division

Nah that's a design choice homie. It's not expensive to open an editing program that they've already paid for and just change the color. It's a house design that they're going for and one standard look. That's not money that's creative and that was Feige's choice. Homie in the video did it in less than 2 seconds. We really want to believe a Disney studios company doesn't have access to a MacBook and basic editing software?

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Something about the color palette in Age Of Ultron actually made me depressed.

Haven't watched that movie since I saw it at the theater.Don't think I ever will.

GOTG is the best looking Marvel flick IMO.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Nah that's a design choice homie. It's not expensive to open an editing program that they've already paid for and just change the color. It's a house design that they're going for and one standard look. That's not money that's creative and that was Feige's choice. Homie in the video did it in less than 2 seconds. We really want to believe a Disney studios company doesn't have access to a MacBook and basic editing software?

He did it in two seconds for a frame of footage. To get the colors right for the whole movie costs a lot more time, breh. I really wouldn't put it past Marvel to cheapen out on "small" stuff like that, that's also the main reason I believe that they never wasted too much money on decent scores because they know most of their audience could give a fukk less about that shyt. That shyt might sound like penny chasing but that's how Marvel Studios operates.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
He did it in two seconds for a frame of footage. To get the colors right for the whole movie costs a lot more time, breh. I really wouldn't put it past Marvel to cheapen out on "small" stuff like that, that's also the main reason I believe that they never wasted too much money on decent scores because they know most of their audience could give a fukk less about that shyt. That shyt might sound like penny chasing but that's how Marvel Studios operates.

Well it comes down to whether it's a house style or pinching pennies or maybe a little of both. I lean more toward it being a house style. That's not a bad thing or a good thing it's just a choice they made. Like you said it's safe filmmaking

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Well it comes down to whether it's a house style or pinching pennies or maybe a little of both. I lean more toward it being a house style. That's not a bad thing or a good thing it's just a choice they made. Like you said it's safe filmmaking

I just rewatched the video and even dude said it takes tons of work to get the coloring right because you have to adjust for it every scene. I don't know (or care) whether it's by design or by cheapness but then again I never cared much about it either. I prefer the so-called "flat" color look over oversaturated movies like Transformers any day of the week.

Notorious 1 E.Y.E.

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the low end. southside chi
Time is money and fam was the cheapest person I've heard of and doing all that color correction takes a lot of time
Hit that saved custom pre-set and get the movie out. sounds like the thinking of a cheap bast ardent to me

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Time is money and fam was the cheapest person I've heard of and doing all that color correction takes a lot of time
Hit that saved custom pre-set and get the movie out. sounds like the thinking of a cheap bast ardent to me

Also sounds like a producer saying this is our look and this is what we're going with