Why do Marvel movies look kind of Ugly? (Video Essay)

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
No. what I'm saying is the old head of the film division was a notoriously cheap b*stard and it wouldnt surprise me if it was his doing to save money.

And what I'm saying is based on what directors have said about working with marvel and how very few of them are allowed in the editing bay it wouldn't surprise me if it's just a creative decision. And if it is there's nothing wrong with it lol. Like why try to rationalize a creative decision. Even if you don't like the coloring it's still a choice and it hasn't hurt them

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
OP's video talks about something so minor and insignificant that most people don't notice or care about. These movies continue to make billions.

To be fair to him he says it's something only someone who's studied it would know. Everyone who likes movies have different things they like or don't. For me, music is a huge deal so I may notice something in a score that someone else doesn't. Or maybe someone else doesn't even care. He's not saying this stuff to knock the movies since he says he's a fan. But it irks him. Nothing wrong with that. Entertainment can be criticized

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
OP's video talks about something so minor and insignificant that most people don't notice or care about. These movies continue to make billions.
Next video essay gonna be on Hulk not having the same amount of abs he did in the comic or some shyt :mjlol: they reaching hard as fukk down the rabbit hole now :mjlol:

PikaDaDon

Thunderbolt Them Suckers
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Next video essay gonna be on Hulk not having the same amount of abs he did in the comic or some shyt :mjlol: they reaching hard as fukk down the rabbit hole now :mjlol:

Yeah nitpicking nerd shyt. Can't believe alot of people here are defending this video though.

Daps
after looking at pacific rim that he mentioned....yeah i can see why they go for the flat look.

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
I think the Avengers theme was memorable.

around the 1:03-1:50 mark:ahh:

That sticks out to me and always reminds me of the first time they assemble. The problem is they don't spam that theme enough with good variants to make it stick. I'm not sure if they even used it in Age of Ultron or Civil War.

They took my suggestion and stared playing that shyt in all the trailers
The theme is iconic now :wow: