Why do Marvel movies look kind of Ugly? (Video Essay)

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
All this nitpicking and complaining......breh we in a era where we actually about to see The Infinity Gauntlet ONSCREEN and nikkaz complaining about colors n music.

Marvel movies is what the game been missing.
Yeah who cares about the music and cinematography of a film long as we can hear 13 white guys spew quips aimed at children :mjgrin:

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Funny all the but hurt people in here. dude knows he's a nerd nit picking but he provides interesting info. crybabies.
The funny thing is its the same dudes that will literally sit in a dc or fox or Sony comic book film thread and nitpick every single detail they can find to bytch about.

But heaven forbid somebody be critical of a disney film and it's shut the fukk stop complaining who cares about film making :damn:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Eh....that was interesting and he made some good points but he lost me at "DC doesn't have this problem". There is several videos on Youtube where people "correct" the color grading/saturation for "Man Of Steel", "Superman V Batman" and "Suicide Squad".

Fred.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
I saw some people talking about the lackluster music, I don't know if this has been posted yet, but a good companion piece to this topic is here :

Anyone who likes video essays/film criticism should peep this channel, it's really good.

I was gonna say why can't these motherfukkers hire Danny Elfman only to watch this and see he co-composed Age of Ultron :francis:

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
I saw some people talking about the lackluster music, I don't know if this has been posted yet, but a good companion piece to this topic is here :

Anyone who likes video essays/film criticism should peep this channel, it's really good.

The conclusion is spot-on and agrees with what I've been saying for a while now. Marvel doesn't really make bad "bad" movies, they make safe cookie cutter factory movies.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
That @TheGodling binge marathons in theaters and writes delirious Age of Ultron reviews to:smugnolan:

The only Marvel "marathon" I've seen was both Avengers movies back to back, and only because it was the only way to catch the IMAX midnight screening of AoU. Which is still a far better movie than you plebs give it credit for, fukk what you think.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
The only Marvel "marathon" I've seen was both Avengers movies back to back, and only because it was the only way to catch the IMAX midnight screening of AoU. Which is still a far better movie than you plebs give it credit for, fukk what you think.
Continually diss every Nolan movie while defending AOU with your last breath, brehs

karim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The conclusion is spot-on and agrees with what I've been saying for a while now. Marvel doesn't really make bad "bad" movies, they make safe cookie cutter factory movies.
well of course they do, that's the whole point of the marvel cinematic universe: it's a recipie for the production of movies, where they know they'll make a profit long before the movie is released. on top of that, due to the golden age of tv shows and streaming sercices, movie makers are forced to invest large sums of money into their productions, because crazy special effects on a huge screens is the only advantage they have in order to compete with the complex storylines and character development of shows like game of thrones. but that means that movies have become so expensive, that one of them flopping has the potential to ruin an entire studio. it would be impossible to justify these large investments without being absolutely sure that the movie will at least break even.