Why do so many people disrespect John Wall?

big_moe

Burnin' & Lootin'
Daps
Reppin
In a Concrete Jungle
He's not a good perimeter shooter...

There is a new breed of fan that thinks if the point guard doesn't lead the team in scoring, and can't be counted on to make game winning 20 footers he's not really good..

I call them casual fans...

Wall is 3x the defender and playmaker that Kyrie is, but chicks dig the long ball...

:manny:

yeah bro for having such troubles on the offensive side of the spectrum
this dude is hella athlectic and has great perimeter D
his potential :ohlawd:

i think he should just keep on working on his D game, and his intangibles before he really focuses on his scoring because i think once he figures out his real role on the squad, being a leader and helping his team get better and starts winning no ones gonna knock this dudes jumpshot

on some real sh*t, having excellent perimeter D is whats gonna seperate you from the other PG's in the NBA

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
He's not a good perimeter shooter...

There is a new breed of fan that thinks if the point guard doesn't lead the team in scoring, and can't be counted on to make game winning 20 footers he's not really good..

I call them casual fans...

Wall is 3x the defender and playmaker that Kyrie is, but chicks dig the long ball...

:manny:

Thank you...

so many people have just put Kyrie ahead of Wall and I just dont see it yet. What has Kyrie proven other than being a great scorer? I think he is great... but people have him as the second coming already. His flaws go completely un noted, while Wall is just shytted on at every turn.

OG Talk

Archived
Daps
Reppin
Heaven on Earth
yeah bro for having such troubles on the offensive side of the spectrum
this dude is hella athlectic and has great perimeter D
his potential :ohlawd:

i think he should just keep on working on his D game, and his intangibles before he really focuses on his scoring because i think once he figures out his real role on the squad, being a leader and helping his team get better and starts winning no ones gonna knock this dudes jumpshot
on some real sh*t, having excellent perimeter D is whats gonna seperate you from the other PG's in the NBA

I agree.. He should work on improving his strengths and not try to jam a square peg into a circle just so he can be mentioned in the same sentence as Russ, Steph and D-Rose..

By some fluke the Wizards front office has managed to surround him by the two best highschool perimeter shooters of the past decade.. If they can keep that perimeter core and grow together he's gonna blossom without having to become a great shooter..The spacing is gonna be there...

He is showing signs of being an elite perimeter defender and he's still not even at 90% yet...

CantStop

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
if anyone should get disrespected it's Kyrie. Dude is as frail as they come and he's not even 21 yet. I really doubt he lasts 7-8 more years in the league.

OGmittee

Smugest Poster Alive
Daps
Reppin
Boston
I went to bat for Wall a couple times on this site.

Seems like there's a problem with ppl getting their info on basketball from other posters on the site, taking it for truth, and then regurgitating it back in other threads like they know something about basketbal0, when reality is they've never even watched that person play.

big_moe

Burnin' & Lootin'
Daps
Reppin
In a Concrete Jungle
I agree.. He should work on improving his strengths and not try to jam a square peg into a circle just so he can be mentioned in the same sentence as Russ, Steph and D-Rose..

By some fluke the Wizards front office has managed to surround him by the two best highschool perimeter shooters of the past decade.. If they can keep that perimeter core and grow together he's gonna blossom without having to become a great shooter..The spacing is gonna be there...

He is showing signs of being an elite perimeter defender and he's still not even at 90% yet...

Exactly
he should focus on being known across the league as John Wall rather than be considered like the other elite PG's.

Look at rondo also, this n*gga couldnt shoot if the rim was as wide as michael strahans front teeth :troll:, but he's still a top 10 PG because? his D is on point, and he has all the other skills (assists, can even grab boards) but will you give him the ball with 5 seconds left hoping he gonna hit that jumper? F*CK NAW!

i think he's just getting alot of hate cause he was a 1st overall pick, and automatically going be compared to Rose who was picked a couple years earlier..

i still believe they chose correct when they went with Wall first overall. i think it's alot more easier to fit him into the system they are going with than having a hybrid sf like Evan Turner

DetroitEWarren

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit You bytch Ass nikka
Offensively, on the court visually, that nikka does everything like D Wade. I mean, im talking how their games LOOK visually, if I was watching a shadow of John Wall play I would think it was D Wade. Everything, from how they dribble, how they split the double, how they finish at the basket, and how they block shots almost looks twin like. I will always be a Wall fan, I think he can carry the "WOW" factor that Wade has had his whole career.

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
im gonna guess its because that jumper is still inconsistent. everything else about his game especially when you look at how that team functioned before and after he got back, points to his improvement. just look at ariza. that nikka used to look like he couldnt wait til a game was over so he could walk across to the street to legal seafood and get a crabcake sandwich. now, i can remember why lakers fans were throwing fits when he left.

The Wiz have been night and day since he's come back.

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
This site is bipolar as fukk about Wall. While he was injured it was just constant "club" and broken jumper jokes. When he came back and was performing well for being :flabbynsick: everyone started riding his dikk again, then it switched to hating again when John Wall said he deserved a Max contract...now, it seems we're back to dikk riding. Yeah, he can't shoot like Kyrie, but he is 10 times the defender he is.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
He never seemed to take the game serious:manny:

I thought he was overrated as a prospect, but I'm slowly hopping on the bandwagon the last few weeks.

Like a poster already said....He's a consistent J away from being a top 5 player.

I never thought I'd say that about dude, but I've watch 3 Wiz games over the past week.His potential is:mindblown:

They're going to have to give him that max contract.Strictly based off his performance post ASB

If his J is dropping, you can't do nothing with that man

beaniemac

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
dude hasn't improved since he came into the league. just an athletic blur that's getting by due to his ridiculous footspeed. where is that J at? he's at the end of his 3rd year in the league :wtf:

also throw in the fact that he hasn't been able to even get his team to the playoffs once in 3 years despite the east being the cesspool of the two conferences.