Why do so many people disrespect John Wall?

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
this is the shyt I'm talking about. :heh:
How the fukk is Lawson better? You're telling me right now you'd take Ty Lawson as your starting PG over John Wall? dude is 5 foot tall and can't guard shyt. John Wall is coming off a huge injury and is putting up comparable numbers while playing great defense. You surround him with the talent on Denver and his numbers go up even more.

Ritzy Sharon

Don't Make Me Pull The Oud Out
Daps
How the fukk is Lawson better? You're telling me right now you'd take Ty Lawson as your starting PG over John Wall? dude is 5 foot tall and can't guard shyt. John Wall is coming off a huge injury and is putting up comparable numbers while playing great defense. You surround him with the talent on Denver and his numbers go up even more.

:heh:

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
He's not a good perimeter shooter...

There is a new breed of fan that thinks if the point guard doesn't lead the team in scoring, and can't be counted on to make game winning 20 footers he's not really good..

I call them casual fans...

Wall is 3x the defender and playmaker that Kyrie is, but chicks dig the long ball...

:manny:
this ether :wow:

I just hope he can carry on the confidence he has in jumper right now and tries to make that form muscle memory this summer by constantly working on it.

The last 5 games, dude has been on a historic pace.

And his defense is still not as good as it should be.

because his supporters say delusional shyt like Wall >>>> Lawson.

Shaq-points-laughs-and-leaves-press-conference.gif

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
He's a #1 who was dancing too fukking much and shooting single digits from 3 on a shytty team.

I like Wall, but I understand the disrespect.

If he ever gets a semi-decent jumper though...

:whew:

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps

He's been balling all year
yeah, except for that 4 game stretch post all star game, dude has been really good.

Its only been 4 games, but this is the analysis of Wall's last four games

Wizards’ John Wall has best week of his career

In leading the Wizards to a 3-1 record, Wall averaged 24 points, 11 assists, five rebounds and two steals, while shooting 61.6 percent from the field (37 for 60), 80 percent from three-point range (4 for 5) and 85.7 percent from the free throw line (18 for 21).

Little research is needed to find a better or similar span in his career, because the statistical marks Wall met have never been duplicated by any NBA player since the three-point era began in 1979-80.

He will probably win Eastern Conference Player of the Week too.

And for those that didnt watch these games, he shot 12 for 18 against Milwaukee, while only scoring on one layup. He has mainly been taking jumpers. Since Beal got injured, Wall's game has stepped up.

He aint an all star yet because you dont make it off 4 or 5 games, but if he plays somewhat close to the level of last week then sky is the limit.

SuburbanPimp

Giving game to lames since the 90s
Daps
Reppin
In Dallas, From Cleveland
Well, He has been playing better. But I just don't see him being a superstar in this league. Even when he got drafted, I told cats I expected him to be the Rookie of Year but I always througt in the long run Evan Turner would have a better career and I still believe that.

I can't front like I've seen a gang of Wizards games but are cats really in here trying to say he is better than Kyrie? :comeon:

courtdog

Drinks Blood from a Boot
Daps
Reppin
I live in the United States
I agree.. He should work on improving his strengths and not try to jam a square peg into a circle just so he can be mentioned in the same sentence as Russ, Steph and D-Rose..

By some fluke the Wizards front office has managed to surround him by the two best highschool perimeter shooters of the past decade.. If they can keep that perimeter core and grow together he's gonna blossom without having to become a great shooter..The spacing is gonna be there...

He is showing signs of being an elite perimeter defender and he's still not even at 90% yet...
You can disrespect Ernie Gruns all you want, but we not gonna let him go so somebody else can steal him :stop:
dude hasn't improved since he came into the league. just an athletic blur that's getting by due to his ridiculous footspeed. where is that J at? he's at the end of his 3rd year in the league :wtf:

also throw in the fact that he hasn't been able to even get his team to the playoffs once in 3 years despite the east being the cesspool of the two conferences.
Look at this clown still mad cuz it was said that Wall had greater potential than Rose :stopitslime:
Look, Wall been injured this year and missed a huge chunk last season
So in reality he's played LESS THAN two full seasons in the NBA.
Sometimes it takes a few years to develop aka Rondo. Wall has shined in other areas in ways no other player at his position can. He's basically Lebron on defense out there. 1st Team All NBA PG defender status
:deadmanny:

I'm not gonna lie, I probably saw dude play 5 or 6 times tops but I was not impressed AT ALL by him. I know that's a far too small sample to have a valid opinion, but it's just that i still expect to be impressed by a number one pick, even though many haven't really been impressive. On the other hand the few times I did see Irving play, he showed me something :yeshrug:
The thing about Wall is he looks great for games at a time. When he doesn't look good, he looks BAD. And that consisted of him forcing the issue in the lane too much, and not taking wide open jumpers when teams would give it to him. Basically daring him to shoot it. fukking with his head, but he's getting over that now and its showing...
he not better than lawson.
He's 2-0 vs Lawson this season, made Lawson his bytch :hula:
He's a #1 who was dancing too fukking much and shooting single digits from 3 on a shytty team.

I like Wall, but I understand the disrespect.
You a big fan of The-Coli Stats huh bruh. How did he go from single digits to 30% in two games bruh?
Because he doesn't shoot 3's that often. How many players go 1 for 11 in there last 11 3pt attempts? I'm sure it happens all the time
He's only made 4 3pters since then. But his percentage is near average now
Stop being a victim of the moment...
yeah, except for that 4 game stretch post all star game, dude has been really good.

Its only been 4 games, but this is the analysis of Wall's last four games

Wizards’ John Wall has best week of his career

He will probably win Eastern Conference Player of the Week too.

And for those that didnt watch these games, he shot 12 for 18 against Milwaukee, while only scoring on one layup. He has mainly been taking jumpers. Since Beal got injured, Wall's game has stepped up.

He aint an all star yet because you dont make it off 4 or 5 games, but if he plays somewhat close to the level of last week then sky is the limit.

John Wall wins Eastern Conference player of the week

Daps
I fukks with Wall, but the bipolarity in this place is ridiculous. I bet if he goes through an extended low period, another thread will be made: "Wall will never develop his game - he's destined for failure".

Wall is 3x the defender and playmaker that Kyrie is, but chicks dig the long ball...

:manny:

3x the defender? Absolutely. 3x the playmaker? Naw. Not even close.
yes he is :what:

like gator said, put Wall on Denver and it would be absurd

All these hypos still don't negate the fact that Wall isn't better than Lawson, as of yet. This place has an extreme problem with giving their opinions on players, when they don't even watch them. In no way, shape, or form has Wall been playing better than Lawson this season (or as a career-player too). Lawson's futher along fixing his game (being more aggressive, scoring wise) than Wall's fixing his (jumper and limiting turnovers).

And at this stage, if we were to put Wall on the Nuggets - the offensive droughts that a lineup of: Wall, Iggy and Gallo would bring, would be :scusthov:

Ritzy Sharon

Don't Make Me Pull The Oud Out
Daps
I fukks with Wall, but the bipolarity in this place is ridiculous. I bet if he goes through an extended low period, another thread will be made: "Wall will never develop his game - he's destined for failure".

3x the defender? Absolutely. 3x the playmaker? Naw. Not even close.

All these hypos still don't negate the fact that Wall isn't better than Lawson, as of yet. This place has an extreme problem with giving their opinions on players, when they don't even watch them. In no way, shape, or form has Wall been playing better than Lawson this season (or as a career-player too). Lawson's futher along fixing his game (being more aggressive, scoring wise) than Wall's fixing his (jumper and limiting turnovers).

And at this stage, if we were to put Wall on the Nuggets - the offensive droughts that a lineup of: Wall, Iggy and Gallo would bring, would be :scusthov:

don't forget, Wall would be playing significant minutes next to Andre Miller and Corey Brewer too.
mysmilie_1582.gif

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
I was down on John a few weeks ago, especially post all star break

But he's doing a lot better. I hope he can continue this on the road. But he's had hot streaks before and tailed off. I hope he can just be consistent and cut the critical turnovers at the end of games.

He's made big shots, so he does have some clutch ability. I just hope he is done pressing and trying to force the perfect pass into teammates. Just make the smart play and keep going towards your strengths while working on the weaknesses.

I'm also glad he is taking the 3 point shot. Sure, he shot a low percentage there last year. But the corner 3 is one of the most efficient shots in basketball. He's now taking that shot with confidence and either spotting up after a screen or taking a guy off the dribble shooting it.

Teams will keep giving him that shot, so he should take it. I'm glad someone on the Wizards coaching staff has finally seen it. Its not like the team has anything to lose by him shooting 3s.

Basaglia

All Star
Daps
Reppin
No
I'm supposed to believe John Wall is a great defender because he's athletic and got long arms? Didn't Deron just throw up 17 threes in his damn face? :mindblown:

kbtwofour

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Cali
:usure:
What Wizards games ahve you been watching? I've seen almost 75% of the games Wall has played over the last 4 years including Kentucky. What you said doesn't even make sense.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

You know I've been the biggest defender of Wall on here. I won't lie, it's been tough. Folks on here almost had me doubting the boy. The Wizards are a bad organization. Their player development sucks but moving forward a Wall/Beal backcourt will be better than a Irving/Waiters backcourt from what I see. John Wall with a respectable jumper, top 10 player in this league. He's had hot streak in the past before, but this time you can see the change in his jumpshot. It really looks crisp and clean and he's shooting at the top of his apex. Wall is a competitor. I could tell Beal getting all the shine and ppl resorting to trade wall kinda pissed him off, so when Beal went down, he became more aggressive and confident. Hope he keeps his confidence up cause he's always been a player that plays great when his confidence is up. You could see it at Kentucky, when he played his best when he'd smile on the court. At the end of the 1st yr till now, He hadn't really been that way

Top 10 player in this league? Do you mean top 10 point guard? :dwillhuh: