Why Do Women Become Feminists?

SheWantTheD

Veteran
Daps
Especially heterosexual women.

Bad experience with men? Wanting to belong to some sort of group or institution?

Do women really feel oppressed by men in western society?

Was it from being burned by too many men?

Weaver31

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Va
I guess its because women don't want to be thought of as inferior, weaker or less than. Yes, GENERALLY men have more physical strength than women but women can do for themselves and just as capable as men nowadays even in leadership positions. Some women doin the dayum thang in the workforce...and with some couples, the women makes just as much as the man or more...so they are very valuable financially.

Most women want to be treated with respect and with equality....but I do think some feminists take it too far. Society has gender roles and women get certain privileges and different treatment than men, so I do think the different roles and treatment does make men and women unequal in some ways.

⠝⠕⠏⠑

Veteran
Daps
On the largest scale it's about getting respect in spite of our differences.
And acknowledgement.

On the smaller scale it's about equality which doesn't necessarily mean sameness the way many misguided chicks like to interpret it or the way it's been labeled. Just making sure people get what they need if they deserve it.

Why are some men so against it if they are? And I'm not talking about the more absurd components which are batshyt crazy. But just the core idea that a woman is a human being of equal value to a man regardless of the different ways that value can be measured.

godkiller

"We are the Fury"
Daps
Reppin
NULL
And acknowledgement.

On the smaller scale it's about equality which doesn't necessarily mean sameness the way many misguided chicks like to interpret it or the way it's been labeled. Just making sure people get what they need if they deserve it.

Why are some men so against it if they are? And I'm not talking about the more absurd components which are batshyt crazy. But just the core idea that a woman is a human being of equal value to a man regardless of the different ways that value can be measured.

This is a thoughtful post. But then why do black women become black feminists when black women and men are relatively equal in most respects? Is it misogyny et al in the same way white women become feminist because of white men? Is it more? c00nery, rage at the black man, etc?

Another Man

Trappin w/ Benzino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Red Roof Inn
This is a thoughtful post. But then why do black women become black feminists when black women and men are relatively equal in most respects? Is it misogyny et al in the same way white women become feminist because of white men? Is it more? c00nery, rage at the black man, etc?
Its def anger at the black men. Notice that white feminists always side with the white male patriarchy at the end of the day(voting for Trump)because they get privilege from white males being in power. Black feminists think they too will get that privilege by joining in on the war against black men :mjgrin:

⠝⠕⠏⠑

Veteran
Daps
Because some blk men hate and resent black women because we don't look like or act like white women or they try to take out frustrations against white power structures on the women in the same struggle with them. They can be just as much of an enemy to the vulnerability of blk women as the racist white men they seek to emulate. And this isn't bashing b/c not every blk man is like this. But we as a community have tried to survive in the public eye by making ourselves above criticism. This is understandable b/c blks are blamed for everything. Our defense mechanism for being blamed for EVERYTHING is to not take accountability for ANYTHING.

So we try to claim or justify negative elements of our community in rebellion against the unfairness of other races being able to "get away" with dirt.
(Because let's be real whites do and have ALWAYS BEEN FAR WORSE than us.) However we can't play by their rules. Our community, history, culture, humanity, integrity must always be greater and when we try to be like them, we take on their attributes and their vices which have a compounded negative impact in our community b/c we are fewer in numbers and resources.

And I understand if u don't see this b/c u don't interact with blk men the way a woman does. Pimp and hoe culture is one example of that. Blk males who prey on young blk girls and boys in our community then try to shame blk women and blk men who speak out about it is another example.

You don't have to have privilege to hurt someone. You just have to have opportunity. For instance, blk women have virtually no privilege but I've seen some try to hurt blk men by trapping them and ruining their lives with babies.
So in response to the hurt that many blk women have gotten from the men they thought would be their protectors, they seek to represent themselves. And many of the blk men who hurt blk women have been hurt themselves by blk men AND blk women too. But you can't say that unless ur accused of bashing people even if this is a reality.

Rhapture

♊Dogset Emperor and Sociopathic Socialite ♊
Supporter
Daps
And acknowledgement.

People often wrongfully lump Misandrists and Feminists together. It's similar to how some white folk will accuse you of being prejudice when you share your pro black views.

badtguy

Superstar
Daps
:yeshrug:Tbh rejected, neglected, molested, I've only met one OD Feminist IRL and I was told she was molested by a family member.

a good amount are just broken bytches fr fr- which is unfortunate but Idgaf lol

⠝⠕⠏⠑

Veteran
Daps
People often wrongfully lump Misandrists and Feminists together. It's similar to how some white folk will accuse you of being prejudice when you share your pro black views.
To be honest I'm not a fan of labels. It's just an easy way to dismiss entire platforms when u don't like what they have to say.
Personally I wouldn't necessarily call myself a feminist. Or a democrat. Or a conservative.
But if I had to have a nice little catchphrase to explain my stance on politics, social economics, culture and like, I'm a pragmatist.

I do support women's rights. And I don't trivialize issues that negatively impact women in unique ways. But I don't think that is in competition with male rights either. Because even tho we live in a patriarchy, issues with class and race undermine the classical definition of that for men of different cultures and blk men are just as much at risk and vulnerable as blk women are in so many ways.

I don't mind gender roles, but my philosophy behind them isn't based on one gender being below another the way some men seem to deem it necessary to feel good about themselves.
I think if gender roles work then do them, but be flexible enuff to step out of them when needed.

Male leadership doesn't chafe me and is greatly appreciated and female leadership is great too as long as either one is suited for the job. I think both genders should be more responsible sexually and take responsibility if they fukk up.

I just like being reasonable. It's what I saw growing up around families that have been together for decades.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
And acknowledgement.

...problem is women arent equal to men and can never be treated as such...there are inherent differences between men and women that make being treated the same impossible....

outside of pay and benefits and other things along those lines...it'll never happen

⠝⠕⠏⠑

Veteran
Daps
...problem is women arent equal to men and can never be treated as such...there are inherent differences between men and women that make being treated the same impossible....

outside of pay and benefits and other things along those lines...it'll never happen
Hmmm...I think there is a way to pay homage to those differences without undermining the shared humanity of both genders.
I always liken the comparison to apples and oranges. Both are different but still categorized as fruit due their shared overall traits.

You wouldn't be able to put a macro-value on them because while different elements of each fruit might be better for different things, their value depends on what they are needed for based off the evaluators preference.

So they are equal but different. Same with men and women. Our shared human experience both highlights and trumps our biological differences which are far more fluid than we wish to admit to. We can appreciate the differences and learn from one another because of those differences, while commiserating with each other when we find common shared experiences. To me the interplay is a beautiful thing. It's always cool to talk to men about similar things they experienced growing up and how stuff may have played out differently as well.