Why doesn’t Drakes music have replay value anymore?

reserved_one

#Ambivertgang
Daps
Reppin
So.ILL/Raider Nation
People are finally realizing that Drake’s music doesn’t have any substance or meaning. Early in his career he had some introspective shyt but it was always surface level compared to his contemporaries J Cole and Kendrick.

Drake focused more on becoming a hit maker and a pop star that stole styles, ideas and used ghostwriters than perfecting his own craft and growing as an artist.

Kendrick sacrificed his popularity to create amazing body’s of work that were more critically acclaimed and will stand the rest of time.

Drake’s music won’t fade away completely…he will always have a legion of fans that will support his shyt but he’s in the danger zone right now. If shyt gets crazy in the future with what’s being alleged? Then he gonna get the R Kelly treatment. His lyrics are already getting picked apart all over social media. His music won’t age gracefully.

Drake needs to stop trying to appeal to Gen Z because they don’t fukk with him like that. He can’t take any years off because he’s in a $400 million slave contract. He needs a spiritual change and get some new inspiration. The Scarface mob boss act he portrays is wack and not cool. This is the moment he needs to reshape his image and be himself…no gimmicks.

Last edited:

19-

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Goon Squad - Catset
he just peaked musically and its been downhill since. like what happens to most musicians really. the difference with drake is his popularity didnt really decline like his music did

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
People are finally realizing that Drake’s music doesn’t have any substance or meaning. Early in his career he had some introspective shyt but it was always surface level compared to his contemporaries J Cole and Kendrick.

Drake focused more on becoming a hit maker and a pop star that stole styles, ideas and used ghostwriters than perfecting his own craft and growing as an artist.

Kendrick sacrificed his popularity to create amazing body’s of work that were more critically acclaimed and will stand the rest of time.

Drake’s music won’t fade away completely…he will always have a legion of fans that will support his shyt but he’s in the danger zone right now. If shyt gets crazy in the future with what’s being alleged? Then he gonna get the R Kelly treatment. His lyrics are already getting picked apart all over social media. His music won’t age gracefully.

Drake needs to stop trying to appeal to Gen Z because they don’t fukk with him like that. He can’t take any years off because he’s in a $400 million slave contract. He needs a spiritual change and get some new inspiration. The Scarface mob boss act he portrays is wack and not cool. This is the moment he needs to reshape his image and be himself…no gimmicks.

It’s amazing people didn’t realize this in real time. I was in the middle of college during Drake’s come up, so it was easy to see how carefully crafted and manufactured he was. Maybe it’s an age thing.

Rembrandt

the artist
Daps
Reppin
Villa Diodati
It still does though

Had the same convo 8 years ago where people here were expecting views to be the the end. Kenny's disses just have more replay value

EastsideRio

You Can’t Stop The Rain ☔️
Daps
Reppin
DETROIT (Do Every Thing Right Or It's Trouble)
for me its the inauthentic feeling in the music and the fake tough approach in his lyrics. his catalog before scorpion was crazy and was lowkey top 10 material.

scorpion dropped and everything that came after that just felt soulless and fake.

except for honestly nevermind that shyt was piff. and even then that album still felt a little soulless
It was 4 years before Scorpion brehs

If you’re reading this was his last fire project. More life is only fire without the faux accents.

Love Sosa

Superstar
Daps
1200px-Noah_Shebib_%28cropped%29.jpg

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
fukk you mean??

Drake should never be played.
or spun in the first place.

Drake = Brian Austin green meets blackface sellout c00n rap

You goofies lost.
for ever spinning that lame sellout c00n no talent.

Now deal with it.

Lol at the mass exodus.....

I told you.

bwahahahaha

Art Barr

swerve

All Star
Daps
I think Take Care is an arguable classic. But I can’t see myself listening to any other albums or projects from him. He released a video sometime in 2014 or so where he was in Memphis acting like a tough guy. Haven’t really checked for him since except the usual songs

GetRichOrDieTryin

Superstar
Daps
its a trend shift
those who liked drake still listen to him

plus if you stop listening to drake cause he lost a beef that says a lot about you :dead:

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
I still listen to Her Loss. The last album...ehhh no. But at the same time all you gotta do is look at the charts and see his albums stay in the Billboard 200 for long ass periods of time. Clearly people still fukk with the albums we dislike.

To me a major problem with Drake's recent albums is poor songwriting. The melodies barely sound like melodies at this point. He just drones and croons with the same notes over and over. Obviously there's a large group of people (mainly women) who still find this mind blowing and amazing but we're well over a decade past his debut and it's still the same shyt. That stuff is always the core of the album, and then he'll mix in whatever wave he's riding at the time.

I think his career has been hurt by largely working with his in-house producers over the last decade. This becomes even more evident when you see someone like SZA working with Darkchild or Babyface. I think the quality of his music and his failure to evolve as an artist can be traced to the way his relationships with Kanye, Timbo, and Pharrell were severed.