Why is everyone pregnant so young?

badtguy

Superstar
Daps
The people I see on FB having kids aren't "creating families" they're creating single parent homes. Just being real.

And believe it or not , statistically educated couples are more likely to stay married, so I'm not understanding those bashing educationed men and women.
:yeshrug:

:mjlol: staying married isn't an indication of a happy marriage.

And there's nothing wrong being educated as Im someone who has a degree, great career that pays for my masters program.

All I'm saying is there are "specific women" out there who literally think life is "Sex and the city or Scandal"

These women can get married but usually later in life in loveless marriages that are more like business contracts or out of convenience.

Living In different cities, traveling work, husband affair at work, wife working late with her work husband.

That's real shyt the later you wait for marriage or families, the less it becomes out of love.

semicko82

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No excuse to have kids at a young age with multiple types of birth control at your disposal.

At this point you wanted to have a kid.

At least if you have kids young make sure you have a good support system.

My siblings had kids when they were young and on top of that had kids no shyt people.

All their kids got swooped up by CPS

1LurkerChick9

All Star
Daps
:mjlol: staying married isn't an indication of a happy marriage.

And there's nothing wrong being educated as Im someone who has a degree, great career that pays for my masters program.

All I'm saying is there are "specific women" out there who literally think life is "Sex and the city or Scandal"

These women can get married but usually later in life in loveless marriages that are more like business contracts or out of convenience.

Living In different cities, traveling work, husband affair at work, wife working late with her work husband.

That's real shyt the later you wait for marriage or families, the less it becomes out of love.
Here we go moving the goal post :russ:
Now someone these marriages aren't as "real"

But I honestly wasn't trying to challenge that women like this exist, just the notion that driven,educated partners are bad.
I know nothing about dating women lol

Easy-E

Suffering From Success | 1316 Days
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Island of Relevancy, Forever
That’s not how it works.
If you experience it, it’s different.
I watched every single black girl in my high school who said she wanted to be a doctor get pregnant before she graduated college.

That’s abnormal; statistics don’t reflect certain people’s reality.
I'm impressed at the many ways information is rejected on this board.

"Nah, fukk that study, this how I see it..."

:mjlol:

BlaqkSpliffin

Ni**as Still Weird - Me
Daps
Reppin
DMV
Y'all realize most of our parents didn't have us at 33 when they were financially secure right?:dahell:

21-22 is relatively normal and always have been. My sister is 38 and had her first kid at 18. Conversely I have two aunts who waited to have kids and struggled with it. shyt happens. :yeshrug:

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'm impressed at the many ways information is rejected on this board.

"Nah, fukk that study, this how I see it..."

:mjlol:
Its not so much the information as it is confirmation bias and anecdotal experience.

For instance: I'm aware of the falling birth rate, as well as the falling teenage pregnancy rate.

At the same time, I'm also aware of how data skew works, and while there may be thousands of high schools across the US where not a single young women got pregnant, there is a disproportionate number of poor, urban high schools where 1/5-1/3 of the class either got pregnant or had an abortion before senior year.

That's how it works.

stave

Superstar
Daps
Early 20's isn't really bad or abnormal. They aren't teenagers. Most people are NEVER prepared to have kids, no matter how long they wait. Being married doesn't guarantee staying married.

This isn't one of those scenarios you can apply universal absolutes to

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Y'all realize most of our parents didn't have us at 33 when they were financially secure right?:dahell:

21-22 is relatively normal and always have been. My sister is 38 and had her first kid at 18. Conversely I have two aunts who waited to have kids and struggled with it. shyt happens. :yeshrug:
My parents were in their late 20s/early 30s when they had me and my siblings, same for my aunts and uncles, and my maternal grandparents/great aunts and uncles.

Its still largely a class and ethnicity thing.

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Early 20's isn't really bad or abnormal. They aren't teenagers. Most people are NEVER prepared to have kids, no matter how long they wait. Being married doesn't guarantee staying married.

This isn't one of those scenarios you can apply universal absolutes to
The vast majority of people in their early 20s are ill-equipped to be parents, and are far more likely to do a poorer job of parenting than their older colleagues.
It is not good, and it is slowly becoming more abnormal.

BlaqkSpliffin

Ni**as Still Weird - Me
Daps
Reppin
DMV
If I ever have kids I want to be able to occasionally spoil them and have them not want for anything. This can be done if you choose to have kids at say 30-35. You won't be struggling and you'd likely have a career established. Even with a degree and a well-paying job straight out of college (which is unlikely at 21 in this climate. These women were working 9-5 deadends or single), that's close to impossible. No one is saying they shouldn't have kids but if you can't provide for everything they're going to need without struggling, you shouldn't have kids. More stress, less money. But if you want to struggle providing for kids you shouldn't have had so young then by all means. :yeshrug:
This is all nice and well but also unrealistic asf:rudy:.

The overwhelming majority of the worlds population is because of young mothers. 30-35 is great....for MEN. For women that's when shyt starts to get dangerous and getting pregnant becomes and issue.

The problem isn't as much people having kids young as it is people not having their affairs in order sooner due to various reasons. And plus not all people who have kids around that age "struggle". I get being better prepared to provide for your kids but with the way the economy is setup and how things are trending most Americans aren't gonna have financial freedom until they're in their mid 30's. Theoretically that's ideal for having kids, but not practically.