Why is Lonzo Ball so highly regarded?

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
elite in transition
elite off the catch or dribble from NBA range 3s
high assist rate/incredibly low turnover rate.....means he creates good looks with quick, decisive ball movement without given up possessions to the opposition and can play next to a ball dominant iso guard without friction
big enough and versatile defensively to guard 1-3 and start at the 1 or 2 depending on the roster
has been a winner at every level
and I personally think he will be fine as a finisher in the halfcourt and playing PnR

Bilz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Here comes the post lottery Laker hate. Y'all Did the same thing with okafor when everyone thought we were gonna get him and then did it to DLO, did it to Ingram last year and now Lonzo. Like clockwork :russ:
This point would be a lot more powerful if any of those guys had dismissed the doubts people had :francis:

Starski

Superstar
Daps
Who cares? Steph Curry can't guard anyone in the NBA and that doesn't stop fakkits like you from slurping him.

Lonzo Ball will be the best PG in the NBA in 3 years. He's a bonafide superstar. Only a cac or a c00n would say otherwise.
:laff::laff::laff:

godkiller

"We are the Fury"
Daps
Reppin
NULL
And I said that isn't his game, but when he does get to the rim he scores at 70% rate

Lonzo only scores 70% because he attempts so fewee times than other prospects. This harkens back to his lack of ability and consequent reluntance to drive.

godkiller

"We are the Fury"
Daps
Reppin
NULL
elite in transition
elite off the catch or dribble from NBA range 3s
high assist rate/incredibly low turnover rate.....means he creates good looks with quick, decisive ball movement without given up possessions to the opposition and can play next to a ball dominant iso guard without friction
big enough and versatile defensively to guard 1-3 and start at the 1 or 2 depending on the roster
has been a winner at every level
and I personally think he will be fine as a finisher in the halfcourt and playing PnR

All of this is true except Lonzo cant create off the dribble consistently against good competition.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Lonzo only scores 70% because he attempts so fewee times than other prospects. This harkens back to his lack of ability and consequent reluntance to drive.
Few attempts doesn't equate with why he is in the 70% rate at the rim, the lack of attempts also doesn't say an inability either

godkiller

"We are the Fury"
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Few attempts doesn't equate with why he is in the 70% rate at the rim, the lack of attempts also doesn't say an inability either

Yes it does imho. Lonzo shys away from contact and is a shooter/playmaker UCLA hides on defense at times even against quicker PGs. Lonzo is not a player that has the first step to drive, relish contact like Harden and attempt so many drives as a function of high end finishing confidence.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Yes it does imho. Lonzo shys away from contact and is a shooter/playmaker UCLA hides on defense at times even against quicker PGs. Lonzo is not a player that has the first step to drive, relish contact like Harden and attempt so many drives as a function of high end finishing confidence.
I don't believe I've said or anyone argued his offense is predicated on first step drives or slashes to the basket though, which is my point.
That isn't his game, but when he is at the rim he finishes

godkiller

"We are the Fury"
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't believe I've said or anyone argued his offense is predicated on first step drives or slashes to the basket though, which is my point.
That isn't his game, but when he is at the rim he finishes

He doesnt go to the rim basically so he effectively doesnt have that in his repertoire.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
u saw fox score a few baskets on lonzo.. u didnt see him drop 39 on lonzo

and even if he wasnt a good defender.. when did that stop anyone before? james harden is a mvp candidate and he plays the worst defense ive ever seen in my life

steph curry doesnt even guard the other PG and hes the 2 time and only unanimous MVP in nba history

u nikkas only apply certain criterias and rules when its someone u dislike

the nba is filled with horrible defensive guards from harden to curry to derozan to isaiah thomas and on and on like POPCORN