Why Isn't Deontay Wilder Promoted In Mainstream Media?

SirReginald

The African Diaspora Will Be "ONE" (#PanAfricana)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
He has the WBC belt which is like the top belt in Boxing. So, why isn't he on major shows like the Tonight Show and etc? This guy could be the next Boxing superstar.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
He has the WBC belt which is like the top belt in Boxing. So, why isn't he on major shows like the Tonight Show and etc? This guy could be the next Boxing superstar.

i'll never understand the mentality that the WBC belt is the best belt

Deontay Wilder is not seen as the top dog by anybody who knows the heavyweight division, he just happens to have that belt...The man at the division is Wladimir Klitschko who has the other 3 belts. Context: Wlad has held 2 of those 3 heavyweight titles longer than Deontay has been a pro. Deontay has to knock him off if he wants that type of recognition. Add to the fact his last fight was not a good look at all for someone who is a Heavyweight champion.

SirReginald

The African Diaspora Will Be "ONE" (#PanAfricana)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism

Deontay Wilder is not seen as the top dog by anybody who knows the heavyweight division, he just happens to have that belt...The man at the division is Wladimir Klitschko who has the other 3 belts. Context: Wlad has held 2 of those 3 heavyweight titles longer than Deontay has been a pro. Deontay has to knock him off if he wants that type of recognition. Add to the fact his last fight was not a good look at all for someone who is a Heavyweight champion.
How can he establish himself without fighting Wlad right away?

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics

Yeah... I never put much stock in the belts. I always felt like whoever is the top dog is the true champ.

Who is the real champ at 160? Is it Cotto (WBC) or GGG (WBA and IBO :mjlol: ) ? Hell #KronksFinest is the WBO champ :yeshrug: ? Lemieux is the IBF champ.

Like, Eurodemon number one is the IBF, WBO, and WBA champ, but becuz Stevenson holds the Green Belt, he is supposed to be more recognized? That doesn't make since to me because I think, even without the belts that Eurodemon is the best at 175 lbs...

Until SOG gets there.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Yeah... I never put much stock in the belts. I always felt like whoever is the top dog is the true champ.

Who is the real champ at 160? Is it Cotto (WBC) or GGG (WBA and IBO :mjlol: ) ? Hell #KronksFinest is the WBO champ :yeshrug: ? Lemieux is the IBF champ.

Like, Eurodemon number one is the IBF, WBO, and WBA champ, but becuz Stevenson holds the Green Belt, he is supposed to be more recognized? That doesn't make since to me because I think, even without the belts that Eurodemon is the best at 175 lbs...

Until SOG gets there.
except superman ko'ed the lineal champ in that division (dammit chad :to:)

H.I.M.

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
If he was British, German or French-Canadian with the exact same resume...he'd already be a megastar.

Look at all the press, fame & hype David Haye got for all those years leading up into the Wlad fight after he won his paper strap against Igor...and that was a iffy decision in a dull fight...then he went on to defend his title against the likes of Audley Harrison and a 500 year old John Ruiz. :scust:

Wilder has been handled terribly though on the promotional & managerial side.

But after he obliterates Wlad in a couple of rds sometime next fall/early winter i presume...all that's gonna change :banderas:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Look at all the press, fame & hype David Haye got for all those years leading up into the Wlad fight after he won his paper strap against Igor...and that was a iffy decision in a dull fight...then he went on to defend his title against the likes of Audley Harrison and a 500 year old John Ruiz. :scust:
giphy.gif

Daps
Reppin
NULL

Because you don't know much about boxing history

Only reason Wilder has he belt is because Vitali vacated and it was lost in the sauce

only reason Wlad never had the WBC belt was because his brother had it, he wants that belt

It's the belt all the fighters want

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Because you don't know much about boxing history

Only reason Wilder has he belt is because Vitali vacated and it was lost in the sauce

only reason Wlad never had the WBC belt was because his brother had it, he wants that belt

It's the belt all the fighters want
:mjlol: at me not knowing anything about boxing history coming from a simpleton who doesnt even know the difference between contracted weight and fight night weight

the times vitali vacated there were wbc champions after him so it was not "lost in the sauce" as you wrongly described

wlad wants all the belts like a true champion..he collected and kept every belt just to make sure no other heavyweight can call themselves champ..even povetkin's paper title....the wbc belt just happens the last one in his possession..knowing the pattern of your idiotic ramblings since you started posting here you prolly think deontay wilder is the man at heavyweight to beay because he has that particular belt :pachaha:

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
haymon is bringing him along slowly, he knows hes not ready for vlad yet

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
haymon is bringing him along slowly, he knows hes not ready for vlad yet

hes 7 years and 34 fights into his career :heh:..any slower and regression will start to kick in..al is trying to have him sit on the belt before facing somebody serious