Why Isn't Deontay Wilder Promoted In Mainstream Media?

Doctor Doom

Rest in peace, Akira Toriyama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Latveria
I just want the American Heavyweight scene back.

Sorry breh :mjcry:

900x900px-LL-f1dcfb9a_download_20150320_162555.gif

King P

Legends Never Die
Daps
Reppin
Views From The X
C'mon breh it's all about the $. Didn't riddikk literally throw the WBC in the trash?
Yep, and the WBC is the most corrupt of them all

money is the main factor, but if the fighters had a choice they would want to be the WBC champion over the rest

Rock Newman staged all that shyt to make look like bowe didn't get stripped which what was going to happpen
Because they was going to force him to fight lennox lewis, so it made him appear to be still the "real champ" by throwing in the trash , that doesn't have anything to do with this

Boxing's greatest champions all held the WBC belt, they want to be in that lineage
WBC were going to just strip the belt from Bowe and give it to Lennox (which was bullshyt). Plus Don King had them wrapped around his finger at the time. There's a reason the WBC stands for We Be Crooks. There's plenty of other incidents that show this...

Did you remember how Roy Jones vacated the belt at LHW and Rocchigiani won it? Jones changed his mind and wanted his belt back, and they stripped Rocchigiani and gave it back to Jones (illegal move). WBC was sued and lost, they owed 31 mil to Rocchi. Had Rocchigiani not settled out of court for a lower amount, the WBC would have went out of business.

Do you remember how the WBC stripped Sergio Martinez of his belt, just to give it to Chavez Jr?

Or how they put Manny Pacquiao as their #1 contender after he beat Brandon Rios just so they could force a Floyd/Manny fight?

The WBC is a crooked organization, and of course the stars would love to have their belt, they cater to the stars. Which has gotten then in trouble many times in the past, and almost put them outta business. The WBC ain't shyt ain't they shouldn't be held in such high regards. fukk em

#SOG_soldier

New York knicks and phoenix suns stan
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
Oh yeah me and @TheNig

We recognized early that gary russell was a future champion while others scorned...my eye for recognizing talent remains infallible

:myman:
shouldnt Gary be getting back into the ring again soon? :jbhmm:

he looked pretty good last time out :ghghgh:

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
HW's used to be the division that got the most hype. I think that the belts have been over in Russia for a bit the hype has died down.
Obviously a fight and win vs. Wlad would quickly build Wilder into a star.

I think Wilder has been hurt by a lack of promotion from his own networks and promoters. Seems like the mainstream isn't really checking for HW's or know much about them right now.There is some good talent coming up, so I think this can change. It isn't just Wilder, the HW division as a whole is meh for hype and needs build up.

I think what PBC is showing is that in boxing most fighters have to be made into stars, the mainstream won't make boxers stars. Showtime was okay at it. HBO is great at it. They need to keep flooding the market with Wilder being a superstar marketing and have that coincide with quality opponents so media gets on board and doesn't default to criticizing him. :manny: