Why was Mike Bibby drafted so high?

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't think this thread is as outlandish as y'all are making it seem.

I'd guess Vancouver wanted a PG, and he was that much better than every other PG in that draft. Next best guard was "White Chocolate". The career numbers can't really show you how big of a difference there is between those two. People remember Bibby as a "gamer". People remember J-Will as a playground style guy, and somewhat of a novelty.

L@CaT

For Hire Gunslinger!
Daps
Bibbie actually became a much better pro than I thought he would be. I don't remember who was in his draft class but I wouldn't be surprised he turned out to be one of the better players in comparison

FabTrey

Superstar
Daps
bibby looks kinda scary brehs

bil-jwill-bibby.jpg

O.iatlhawksfan

Biggest homer on the Coli
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
I agree he was a disappointment, remember how bad he was defensively. He still was a good player overall. He was unstoppable in the playoffs

hayesc0

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Mike bibby was a disappointment now huh smh y'all terrible
:laff: I was thinking the same thing he helped take the kings to the next level although they still couldn't get a ring. He had like a 4 year stretch where he was one of the best guards in the league not sure how he never made an all star game though.

ELESDEE616

Nikkas snitch on the coli like they name is Kobe
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kobe snitched on Shaq
Nah. You young. Bibbly was the prototypical pg for that era. Command the offense, don't turn the ball over, feed the post and hit open J's off picks.

Thats how the pg was coached from middle school on up. PGs who could score were put at the two next to Eric Snow like Iverson.

hayesc0

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Bibby didn't even play poorly with the Grizzlies though. They were a bad team overall, but he still put up solid numbers alongside Michael dikkerson. They were seen as a solid future back-court for that team. The Grizz received heat over the Big Country pick but few second-guessed the Bibby pick at the time. He even made the all-rookie first team in his rookie season.
Yep I remember they even started getting a few national tv games when people started to notice they looked like an upcoming team in that 2000-2001 season. A shame what injuries did to dikkerson.