Why Were 90's Rappers So INSANELY #HOH?

The Amerikkkan Idol

The Amerikkkan Nightmare
Daps
I wouldn't have worded it like that, but the crack era DEFINITELY created/expanded the hatred of and disrespect towards women that's been in the culture and the music ever since then.

Either it's guys hurt that the girl they wanted chose a guy that was clocking.....or guys seeing one time fly women become fiends and doing anything for drugs.

I'm sure these things happened in earlier times, but not to the extent that it did during crack era.....

This, crack "femalized" drug addiction, so dudes grew up seeing women doing all kinds of horrific shyt for crack rocks and abandoning their kids.

tocedaw

Pro
Daps
Its a fantasy. A lot of men take pride in being HOH, for whatever reason..

So theyd live vicariously through the stories in these songs.

Roland Coltrane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
AA GANG
THERES NO WAY GANGSTA RAP WOULD EXIST IF #METOO WAS PREVALENT IN THE EARLY 90’S
hip hop never gave a fukk about the cac establishment :stopitslime:

the reason gangsta rap got so popular in the first place is because it was Black america's middle finger to respectability politics and brehs were talking about their reality

Sccit

LA'S MOST BLUNTED
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LOS818ANGELES

the reason gangsta rap got so popular in the first place is because it was Black america's middle finger to respectability politics and brehs were talking about their reality

IM TALKIN BOUT AS WE KNOW IT TODAY AS A MAINSTREAM STAPLE

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.

Nah....the record buying hip hop audience represented a certain number...when NWA started selling more than the acutal reigning stars of hip hop....it's obvious that it was white kids buying the records

NWA, out the gate on Ruthless were selling more records than peak EPMD, Rakim,Krs-One, and BDK

NWA happened to have 2 of the best rappers/lyricists EVER in the same camp writing the songs......and one of the best hiphop producers ever manning the boards..so they were putting out heat....but they and gangsta rap got so popular because of white kids.

Roland Coltrane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
AA GANG
Nah....the record buying hip hop audience represented a certain number...when NWA started selling more than the acutal reigning stars of hip hop....it's obvious that it was white kids buying the records

NWA, out the gate on Ruthless were selling more records than peak EPMD, Rakim,Krs-One, and BDK

NWA happened to have 2 of the best rappers/lyricists EVER in the same camp writing the songs......and one of the best hiphop producers ever manning the boards..so they were putting out heat....but they and gangsta rap got so popular because of white kids.
2 of the best rapper/lyricists EVER :usure:

Lol @ "reigning stars" you act as if they're rise was illegitimate and completely fueled by cacs when in reality when they went to any Black city there was cats screaming "We want Eazy!"

I honestly can't tell if you have a West coast bias or an East coast bias tbh :manny:

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
2 of the best rapper/lyricists EVER :usure:
YES

NWA-10-things-you-didnt-know.jpg

see if you can point them out

Lol @ "reigning stars" you act as if they're rise was illegitimate and completely fueled by cacs when in reality when they went to any Black city there was cats screaming "We want Eazy!"

I honestly can't tell if you have a West coast bias or an East coast bias tbh :manny:

again, Straight Outta Compton and Eazy Duz It sold more than the acts I mentioned in last post....with no radio play and ,at first, no video play....
More Black people were fukking with NWA than Rakim?.....than EPMD?
I think not