Why Were 90's Rappers So INSANELY #HOH?

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
Soooooo were all gonna act like hip Hop isn't still filled with misogyny?

If the tracks in the OP came out today, they'd still bang in the club even in the midst of the MeToo movement. Women dance to trap music, they twerk to it and all that. Even the feminist. Not to mention there were women emcees who made gangster rap tracks and response tracks back then. We can pretend like Hip Hop has evolved from the misogyny era just because there's been a slight tricking element added to the current hip Hop landscape and because the rise of "thot rap" has given a certain niche of women agency in the game. But the industry is still the industry and rappers still brag about playing women, using women, juggling women, etc. The only difference is I guess would be less tracks about outward straight up violence against women.

And on the flipside, because the lines between RnB and Hip Hop/Trap have been even more blurred than ever before, RnB and Dance music has gotten more misogynistic and hardcore than its ever been. A dance/pop track like "These Hoes ain't Loyal" would never make the radio in the 90's. RnB and pop/dance tracks weren't that blunt back then. Yeah they had songs about infidelity and what not, but RnB artist straight up calling these women hoes? That's nowadays.

Jimmy Two-Times™

Coli Mods Catch Me If U Can Forgive Me Imma Ridah™
Daps
Reppin
Peckham™ Come Get Me!
Soooooo were all gonna act like hip Hop isn't still filled with misogyny?

If the tracks in the OP came out today, they'd still bang in the club even in the midst of the MeToo movement. Women dance to trap music, they twerk to it and all that. Even the feminist. Not to mention there were women emcees who made gangster rap tracks and response tracks back then. We can pretend like Hip Hop has evolved from the misogyny era just because there's been a slight tricking element added to the current hip Hop landscape and because the rise of "thot rap" has given a certain niche of women agency in the game. But the industry is still the industry and rappers still brag about playing women, using women, juggling women, etc. The only difference is I guess would be less tracks about outward straight up violence against women.

And on the flipside, because the lines between RnB and Hip Hop/Trap have been even more blurred than ever before, RnB and Dance music has gotten more misogynistic and hardcore than its ever been. A dance/pop track like "These Hoes ain't Loyal" would never make the radio in the 90's. RnB and pop/dance tracks weren't that blunt back then. Yeah they had songs about infidelity and what not, but RnB artist straight up calling these women hoes? That's nowadays.
Women are the majority of consumers for music.

If they all truly thought the descriptions of these skets were about them don't you think the music biz would of died off already.

My sister put me onto the hardest emcees I've heard in my life male and female and in no way does she relate to the skandalouz women in the songs.

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
Breh you forgot that up to that point a whole entire coast had been neglected pretty much

I'll give you Cube as one of the greatest ever but if you're referring to the DOC I don't know enough about his catalog besides he ghostwrote Doggystle
Y'all better give MC Ren his props, too!
:myman:

Broad Street Bully

Sick & Tide Sixers/Phillies/Cowboys fan smh
Daps
Reppin
Philly. Fucc a Eagle. I mean dat.

Imagine if Kurupt or anyone said all this shyt in 2018

Well if Tenchi gave a fukk about a bytch, I'd always be broke, I'd never have no mufukking indo to smoke

:jbdreadsgang:

I know the p*ssy mine, Imma fukk a couple mo times
And then I'm thru with it, there's nothing left to do with
Pass it to the homie, now YOU hit it

Cause she ain't nothing but a bytch to me
And yall know bytches ain't shyt to me
:picard:
:drakesimpmode:
:thatsrightnatturner:

Not the Nat Turnher smiley :laff:

yung Herbie Hancock

Funkadelic Parliament
Daps
Reppin
California
They gonna skip this, but here it is.

OP talmbat it's "insane" to be hard on hoes tells me he don't how hoes do.

You gots to be hard on hoes, or hoes'll make it hard.
White America is lreadning that right now. Their women are wildin out with this Metoo shyt. Japanese brehs lost, they couldn't keep their women in check now their population is on a sharp decline. It's happening in Europe too :francis:. The only places where birth rates aren't crashing are Africa and the Middle East.