Why Were 90's Rappers So INSANELY #HOH?

kevm3

follower of Jesus
Supporter
Daps
Horrorcore rap, live in the trenches gangbangers and street dudes on the mic, lack of social media and the movements against censorship that allowed newfound artists to say whatever they wanted as long as they put the appropriate rating on their cd.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
the reason gangsta rap got so popular in the first place is because it was Black america's middle finger to respectability politics and brehs were talking about their reality

This..... and it took the 2nd page for someone to come through with the real and this supposed to be a hip hop forum?

Amor fati

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Great Britain
Yep plus it was less sensorship. Its unfair to take songs like this and make it resemble all of rap back then.

You had rappers making songs about assasinating the president, starting revolutions and riots, smoking police, saying how they loved black women, saying how they loved their mother and etc.

They had songs for men, women, kids and actually songs you could listen with your family around at a gathering without offendinf folks.

Rap was just more diversified then than now.
You got knuckle draggers like AK saying that hiphop is more diverse now!:hhh: absolutely there's no balance at all the extreme ignorance is everywhere.

The Amerikkkan Idol

The Amerikkkan Nightmare
Daps
2 of the best rapper/lyricists EVER :usure:

Lol @ "reigning stars" you act as if they're rise was illegitimate and completely fueled by cacs when in reality when they went to any Black city there was cats screaming "We want Eazy!"

I honestly can't tell if you have a West coast bias or an East coast bias tbh :manny:

Dude, DOC & Cube are by far 2 of the greatest lyricists ever.

EDIT: I see you said you don't know DOC.

:whoa:Dude, DOC was the 3rd best lyricist in Hip-Hop in 1990, other than Rakim, and Big Daddy Kane.

He was that great.

He then went on to write huge portions of nikkaz4Life, The Chronic, and then Doggystyle

Jimmy Two-Times™

Coli Mods Catch Me If U Can Forgive Me Imma Ridah™
Daps
Reppin
Peckham™ Come Get Me!
Dude, DOC & Cube are by far 2 of the greatest lyricists ever.

EDIT: I see you said you don't know DOC.

:whoa:Dude, DOC was the 3rd best lyricist in Hip-Hop in 1990, other than Rakim, and Big Daddy Kane.

He was that great.

He then went on to write huge portions of nikkaz4Life, The Chronic, and then Doggystyle
and 2Pac's THUG LIFE volume 1, Dogg Food, MC Breed's early 90s album and Ice Cube's Lethal Injection album -- allegedly:sas2:

The Amerikkkan Idol

The Amerikkkan Nightmare
Daps
and 2Pac's THUG LIFE volume 1, Dogg Food, MC Breed's early 90s album and Ice Cube's Lethal Injection album -- allegedly:sas2:

giphy.gif

Jimmy Two-Times™

Coli Mods Catch Me If U Can Forgive Me Imma Ridah™
Daps
Reppin
Peckham™ Come Get Me!
When 2Pac, Ice Cube and Ice Cube were making their albums in 1993 and 1994 Tha D.O.C. was in their studio sessions he even confirmed it on his interview with Sway something which was rumoured before. All of their pen games suddenly went up.

In the case of 2Pac and Ice Cube it's clear that they obviously write their own stuff because it sounded the same before and after but there's no question that the quality stepped up after fukkin' with Tha D.O.C.

I believe MC Breed had a lot of ghost writers.

Tha D.O.C. and Snoop were apart of the reasons why Suge wanted him on Death Row.