Will Black Women Support "Birth of a Nation?"

Spence

Superstar
Daps
I thought he did a good job in Red Wings, the soundtrack, marketing, and low budget are what killed that movie.

Ill wait till it hits the net for free and give it a watch though :manny:

HollowPoints2

Don Makaveli.
Daps
Reppin
East Coast
Black women helped make Tyler Perry a legend ... Will they go out and watch Birth of a Nation? :patrice:

Factors:

1)This film goes against the modern independent black woman theme

2) He's (the director) is married to a Cac

3) This is Not a Comedy

4) Rape Allegations

Comments

"I had such high hopes last year for this movie, but that guy is really married to a white woman"

"I think Nate's a rapist and wasn't about to pay to see this film "

"I don't feel bad for Nate."

"I wont spend a dime on that movie"
I thought Tyler Perry was gay so he's married to a white woman?

This is a movie I would watch if it's about the same Birth of a Nation from back in the day.

Edit:Never mind I figured it out.

Last edited:

Drew Wonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I believe black women will go to see it in droves. Negro Bed Wenches and Black Feminists will not. In fact, they will join other white supremacists, and I mean other in the sense that they are white supremacists themselves, to malign the movie and Nate Parker.

All of the black women I know want to see this movie and will see this movie. Even my mom, a black woman, who does not like slave movies will be buying tickets strictly out of support. Black women know that this "rape" story is so utterly contrived and convenient that it simply can't be taken seriously. Black women understand that black people who try to disparage white supremacy are attacked and they support them in spite of said attacks.

NBWs and BFs want to malign this movie and this man because that is what white supremacists want them to do. They are negro minions of white supremacy, so they do as they are told. They are basically one and the same. The top goal of these women is to land a white male as a romantic partner, so they can gain access to perceived wealth and comfort afforded white males by their inequitable treatment of black people. Which makes this ironic as NBWs and BFs care just as little for black women as they do black men.

Even more ironic, NBWs and BFs are the most enslaved among the black masses. They are in most need of seeing this film.

Peace

How do you feel about Nate's wife being white?

ezrathegreat

Veteran
Daps
7VN5Ep5.gif

mcdivit85

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Sound Reasoning
How do you feel about Nate's wife being white?

I feel it is inconsequential within the context of him putting out this film. People are conflating his personal choice in mate with his commitment to telling a piece of American history from a black perspective. So, I have to question anyone's true motive when they use that as a reason to not support the film.

How many c00n/white supremacy sympathizer entertainers do we have out here who are dating/married to black women? Or black female entertainers dating/married to black men?

Case closed.

Peace

Drew Wonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I feel it is inconsequential within the context of him putting out this film. People are conflating his personal choice in mate with his commitment to telling a piece of American history from a black perspective. So, I have to question anyone's true motive when they use that as a reason to not support the film.

How many c00n/white supremacy sympathizer entertainers do we have out here who are dating/married to black women? Or black female entertainers dating/married to black men?

Case closed.

Peace

I agree. But would you feel the same way if the film were directed by a black woman with a white husband?

Pdiddy

Superstar
Daps
I feel it is inconsequential within the context of him putting out this film.
Yep...Look at Empire,,,directed by a stone cold faq....doesn't take away from the show itself.(well I stopped watching after episode 3 b/c didnt like the obvious gay agenda)

Grown men kissing:scust:,,,but I digress

Ol’Otis

The Picasso of the Ghetto
Daps
Reppin
South Central Los Angeles
Yep...Look at Empire,,,directed by a stone cold faq....doesn't take away from the show itself.(well I stopped watching after episode 3 b/c didnt like the obvious gay agenda)

Grown men kissing:scust:,,,but I digress
show is horrible
people watch it for the fukkery

and not only is Lee Daniels gay and he's also a c00n

mcdivit85

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Sound Reasoning
I agree. But would you feel the same way if the film were directed by a black woman with a white husband?

Yes, I would. Because her marriage is not the focus. The film she would be producing that tells a story about the black experience is.

Not to mention, that type of woman is not allowing her marriage to one particular white male cloud her ability to challenge ideas of white supremacy as a whole. That even she, as a woman married to a white male, can identify a historical episode that needs to be told from a black perspective....white male opinion be damned.

I feel the same way about Nate Parker. Would his film be even better received if he were married to a black woman? Amongst some black people, sure. But those who find reasons to not support would have found reasons not to support anyway because that's the instructions handed to them by white supremacists whom they serve.

Peace