will you guys now admit Wii U is not next gen?

up in here

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think that's why Microsoft is testing that $99 Xbox 360 plan. I'm sure they would love to come in with a $300 option. Hell many people only play online so it could be a major hit. I'm sure Sony is planning something similar with psn+ and the ps4

Launching at $500+ will be a mistake

Sent from my LG Nitro using Tapatalk breh

yeah the $99 bundle would be the best way to go for the new systems. if they want these systems to have the power people are expecting the price will be too high, but a plan would work with most people

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
yeah the $99 bundle would be the best way to go for the new systems. if they want these systems to have the power people are expecting the price will be too high, but a plan would work with most people
Won't be $99 for the new consoles. $299 with a 2 year plan will it. $500-$600 "out of contract"

the ps4 and psn+ is a much better deal for gamers

courtdog

Drinks Blood from a Boot
Daps
Reppin
I live in the United States
How ironic you're saying that :mjpls:
Your console is tethered to a wall at Bestbuy.
Bruh, you just one of many butthurt stans. The proof is in the pudding
I'm over here on every system, playing every game, with everybody

Your broke ass is crying over $35 a fukking YEAR, and your internet connection is so shytty you get dropped from games on a regular basis
I counted today, I got 30games in my backlog. I'm talking games that came out within the last year and a half
Do you want a picture, or should I throw it in da bushes :shaq:
Point still stands resolution was 1080i on PS2 (i honestly can't tell the difference whether a P or i is next to it anyway)

Wii coulda been putting out 1080i games also

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsPk6SJk-y4

Gran Turismo 4 runs 1080i and 480p - YouTube
:ehh:
Tru Story
I heard that From Nintendo, they couldn't make the original Wii into a PS3 level graphics because they feared that the pricing would be far too high and the public Bias would lean to Sony if they were of a similar price and graphics. It's true, cause if the OG Wii was $4-600 with the launch PS3 price the same, Sony stans and blind buying public would have chosen Sony. They were in a no-win situation there.

Problem is, whatever the next systems that M$ and Sony gonna drop, they can't make some super powered machine that takes 5-6 years to make a profit, cause they will lose too much money to recoup. We reached a point in graphics where it rivals reality. What more do you want out of graphics, short of virtual reality?
Bruh, what you smokin on? First off, maybe you forgot? The Wii took off with a sonic BOOM!!!!!!!!
And they priced the system at a higher price than the xbox was at the time
People wasn't flocking to the wii cuz it was $100, they flocked to it cuz of the controller. The new way of playing. That with games/graphics of its competition?
The ps3 would of been the system left out, not the Wii
The Wii STILL has sold more systems than the ps3 as of right now
You got it twisted bruh...
I think that's why Microsoft is testing that $99 Xbox 360 plan. I'm sure they would love to come in with a $300 option. Hell many people only play online so it could be a major hit. I'm sure Sony is planning something similar with psn+ and the ps4

Launching at $500+ will be a mistake

What does them selling 360's for $99 gotta do with anything :what:
As for the 720, they will have a $300 option, and a $400 one just like last gen
Its not confirmed, but who is talking here. Trust me :comeon:
The ps4, there is not enough information and unless sony is doing things differently? Then the ps4 is nowhere near completion. Expect that in 2014, and sony themselves is sorta waiting til they find out what the next xbox is all about. Just like they did last gen...

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps

Your broke ass is crying over $35 a fukking YEAR, and your internet connection is so shytty you get dropped from games on a regular basis
I counted today, I got 30games in my backlog. I'm talking games that came out within the last year and a half

Tru Story

Bruh, what you smokin on? First off, maybe you forgot? The Wii took off with a sonic BOOM!!!!!!!!
People wasn't flocking to the wii cuz it was $100, they flocked to it cuz of the controller. The new way of playing. That with games/graphics of its competition?

The ps4, there is not enough information and unless sony is doing things differently? Then the ps4 is nowhere near completion. Expect that in 2014, and sony themselves is sorta waiting til they find out what the next xbox is all about. Just like they did last gen...
You have no vision and an elementary reading comprehension level

courtdog

Drinks Blood from a Boot
Daps
Reppin
I live in the United States
You have no vision and an elementary reading comprehension level

So the guy who predicted this entire gen to the T has no vision :stopitslime:

From saying the ps3 would be $600 a year before they announced it?
To the xbox's rise to power mainly cuz of XBL
To how XBL would try to morph into a cable company?
To how the Wii was just a fad?

We rode together on the whole broadband thing, but I started talkin that shyt before you did on sohh. Just sayin :manny:
You can't be serious. Since I'm elementary, I wish I could make College level assessments like "coming in at $500+ is a mistake" like, no shyt Sherlock :dead:

And what does Sherlock say? Its Elementary my dear :ufdup:

NZA

LOL
Daps
Reppin
These Internet Streetz
Yes I do massa, but what part of "same shyt in a new package" are you struggling to understand?

We in the digital age now. You can't come out with an 8-track and then say "I got some next gen shyt right here boy :whew:"

I mean, you can call it that. You'll have a following about the size of the wii-u userbase too. I'll even throw in winb :jawalrus:

either you understand what a generation is or not. a generation is not a value judgment, it is an identifier of age and heredity. that's all it is. nothing more than that.

i think the wii u sucks too, by the way, but it is next gen because it literally is the next generation.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps

Tru Story

Nintendo Wii took off cause, like you said, cause of the controller. What also helped Wii sales is the untapped market (marketing to parents/ middle aged people) and the price range that was friendly, even during the recession. The Price range of the PS3 also killed a lot of potential sales during the recession too. At one point, the highest selling game for the PS3 is a port of a 16 bit Mortal Kombat 2.

At 2006, there were over 130 million PS2s sold. 6 years after launch.
At 2012, there are 70 million PS3 sold. 6 Years after launch.

How come the PS3 only sold 1/2 of the PS2 in the same time frame? Cause of the price range and actual competition.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
when it comes to technology, next gen means newer technology thats suppose to be superior to the last. some of yall are trying to be extremly technical when you know it doesnt work like that in the tech world. its a buzz word all tech companies use to push their product.

That definition has literally never....not once....applied to consoles. I've been playing since the Atari 2600, trust me on this one.

This thread is :snoop: as fukk. Jesus Christ. How long have you people been playing video games, to not know what "next gen" means in the context of a console?

Fred.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
That definition has literally never....not once....applied to consoles. I've been playing since the Atari 2600, trust me on this one.

This thread is :snoop: as fukk. Jesus Christ. How long have you people been playing video games, to not know what "next gen" means in the context of a console?

Fred.

I understand completely what the OP is saying but they're looking at the connotation of what next gen meaning as in a new machine that outperforms older generation consoles hence why he's saying it's as if it's not really next gen.

What everyone else is saying is next gen denotes when a new iteration or new console comes in a specific time frame. The former is not wrong in his opinion but at the same time, literally speaking is incorrect.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Butthurt stan? :wtf:

Of course your on every game playing with everybody.. You frequent bestbuy everyday and play online with your GT there during store hours.

Also nobody is crying for $35(which it isn't always). Again I'm just saying it's like a waste of money when you look at it because I said so.

Data-Hawk

I have no strings on me.
Daps
Reppin
Oasis

Hmmm, if that was the case, you'd still be stuck on Atari 2600 hardware.newer systems have always been about how they can push new tech and give a different experience or else why come up with a new one....When developers hear about next gen the first thing they think is " How much can I push the new system / whats the polly count etc". If technology didn't advance you wouldn't have a "Next Gen".....

up in here

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Hmmm, if that was the case, you'd still be stuck on Atari 2600 hardware.newer systems have always been about how they can push new tech and give a different experience or else why come up with a new one....When developers hear about next gen the first thing they think is " How much can I push the new system / whats the polly count etc". If technology didn't advance you wouldn't have a "Next Gen".....

of course new systems want to differentiate from previous generations, but console "generations" themselves are based on time not tech. thats why n64 and PS were part of the same generation even though the tech was very different.

either way, technically speaking, wii-u is pushing new tech and giving a different experience that is not available on current gen systems, its just not the specific direction people expected gaming to go. and yes im talking about the gamepad integration. and no, smartglass and vita do not currently offer the same experience.