With Kendrick experiencing the biggest success of the year...

reserved_one

#Ambivertgang
Daps
Reppin
So.ILL/Raider Nation
Will it finally push more rappers to start rapping about real shyt again? And when I mean real shyt, Im not only talking about race/political topics but talking about you're struggles, putting you're self out there bare, spilling you're soul out.

Mind you mumble rap has its place as it should. Hip-hop is at his finest when there is a balance but at some point that kinda style isn't going to be around forever. Future has managed to survive but that's a testament to his talent and abilities (He also has shown he doesn't always mumble).

Instead of these rappers trying to sound like Future, Travis Scott or Lil Uzi, they should be aiming for Kendrick and J Cole have been doing. Im not saying they should bite them but be more conscious, rap about real things people can relate to and maybe they can experience this kind of success. I would stepping my bars and switch up so fast lpl

The rap game is becoming like the walking dead. A bunch of drugged out rappers being zombies with careers floundering/dying at a rapid rate while Kendrick and Cole are still soldering on, surviving becoming bigger in the process.

Its just something I been thinking about all day.

smokeurobinson

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Will it finally push more rappers to start rapping about real shyt again? And when I mean real shyt, Im not only talking about race/political topics but talking about you're struggles, putting you're self out there bare, spilling you're soul out.

sounds like u talking about emo rap.

U really wanna bring emo rap back?? Kid Cudi and Kanye still doing their thang.

mortuus est

Veteran
Daps
sorry but kendrick and cole are not the only ones doing what they do, they just on that mainstream level

this is basically the same thing i mentioned in the other thread , at thhe end of the day the music has to impact the people, if it dont hit then no one will care

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
Kendrick is unique because he got that artsy + hipster crowd + mainstream music legends across many genres feeling him after tapping into the Free Jazz influence on TPAB. Now, he's a in position where he could do what he wants musically and sell.

TPAB was :gladbron:for Kendrick and it single handedly opened him up to crossover audiences