Woman wakes up from 2017 coma

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Sobering questions:

How long would you stay the course for someone like that?
How many would do the same for you?
My older cousin went into a coma while giving birth in the 90s. Hers was a case of malpractice so her immediate family got a settlement. They kept her alive until about 3 years ago. I’m still not sure if she passed naturally or if her now adult son made the call to let her go.

I personally wouldn’t want my to be kept alive past 6-12 months depending on cause and diagnosis. That’s plenty of time to come to terms with letting me go.

New Jeruz Jewelz

Wavey Vertigo Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NJ
I watched the video in the article. She was married to a breh, and they had 3 sons together.

Anyway, she's paralyzed and is still learning how to talk again. She can only mumble a few basic words right now.

That sucks, man. Personally, I don't think I could live in that condition :sadcam:
Yep :francis: Unlike movies, when ppl come out of a coma they be all types of fukked up. Watched a documentary where many were left in that childlike state. Pretty sad

HarlemHottie

Uptown Thoroughbred
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS
Yep :francis: Unlike movies, when ppl come out of a coma they be all types of fukked up. Watched a documentary where many were left in that childlike state. Pretty sad
My brother was in a medically induced coma for a few weeks/ 1 month due to a TBI. My mother was the only one who knew he would come back right.

He has some memory loss, but came back strong. 💪🏽 :wow:

MajesticLion

Superstar
Daps
My older cousin went into a coma while giving birth in the 90s. Hers was a case of malpractice so her immediate family got a settlement. They kept her alive until about 3 years ago. I’m still not sure if she passed naturally or if her now adult son made the call to let her go.

I personally wouldn’t want my to be kept alive past 6-12 months depending on cause and diagnosis. That’s plenty of time to come to terms with letting me go.

That end-of-life talk is a tough one for anybody, especially if you're not mentally/financially prepared for things like @the elastic mentioned.

Peace and blessings to your fam.